Starting VM causes QNAP to reboot

QNAP NAS solution for server virtualization and clustering/HA/FT
woter324
Starting out

Starting VM causes QNAP to reboot

Post by woter324 »

Hi,

Having recently upgraded to 4.1.0 20140504 from 3.0.7, I have started to see rather worrying behaviour in that when I go to power on a VM, the QNAP freezes for about a minute before rebooting. I have a monitor hooked up and there is not sign of a PSOD. Is anyone else seeing this behaviour? Initially, everything was fine.

My RAM volume is 95% full. Might that be the cause? Currently trying to find what has eaten 15% space in the last few days.

Are there any specific logs I can look at?

ENV:
vSphere 5.5
QNAP TS-670
QTS 4.1.0, Build 0504 (RC3)
iSCSI target

Many thanks

W.
woter324
Starting out

Re: Starting VM causes QNAP to reboot

Post by woter324 »

I've downgraded to QTS 3.0.7 and all seems fine (in iSCSI world at least) again.

dev/ram0 is showing 86% use.

I've reported these finding to QNAP.

Thanks
NPickles
First post

Re: Starting VM causes QNAP to reboot

Post by NPickles »

Did you hear back from Qnap about this issue.

I have something similar that has been causing me great hassle for the last 3 weeks since I upgraded to v4.1.0, then v4.1.1 from v3.8.

I am using a TS-EC1279U-RP as an iSCSI host for Windows 2008 R2 Hyper V Failover cluster and the original reason for upgrading was to be able to get better stats like IOPS as well as being able to use block based luns which should have been faster but it has been nothing but hassle.

I'm talking to Qnap about it at the moment but haven't had anything back from them as yet.

Return to “Server Virtualization & Clustering”