AD Rejoin

Questions about using Windows AD service.
BadOxygen
Starting out

AD Rejoin

Post by BadOxygen »

Hello,

I need to change the account that has been used to join the AD due to right issues.
Can I just change the account somehow or do I have to rejoin the AD. In that case, what happens
to the already set rights (ACL)?

Thanks in advance
Andreas
Bakkie
Starting out

Re: AD Rejoin

Post by Bakkie »

Hi, I had some strange behavior today with our Windows 2003 domain.
When users wanted to acces their network share on the 3 different Qnap nas servers they were suddenly asked for their password.
Normally the clients automaticly submit their domain logon credentials but now even when they manually typed their password they could not see their files or they got a message about an intrussion detection, and where asked if they could connect to their domain controller.
After loging on tot the webservers of the Qnap's and rejoining the domain in its settings with the same username and password as before, all sems normal again. I hope it wil still work tommorow.
I do not know what caused this and restarted all our servers, switches, etc.

Do you have an experience equal to this?
Our Qnaps never fail and where up and running for 296 days.
Could it be caused by a microsoft update?

Anyhow...In my opinion, changing the logon to the active directory from the Qnap with a working administrator password for your domain, should not change anything to the rights that you have set on your Qnap shares..
But I am no pro at this, cause normally I don't run into Qnap problems....Lucky me...
BadOxygen
Starting out

Re: AD Rejoin

Post by BadOxygen »

Hi,

I had something similar with one computer. It tried to login to the server with the username only and not the combination of domainname+username.
After rejoining the domain with the client conputer, it worked again.

Maybe related problems, maybe not.

Anyhow, I did not change the AD-Account so far, because I can use the existing AD groups to manage access of any user type so far.

Return to “Windows Domain & Active Directory”