shared folder not accesible anymore

Questions about using Windows AD service.
Blisk
Know my way around

shared folder not accesible anymore

Post by Blisk »

I have a shared folder where I put some backups automatically.
I also put my nas to domain so not anyone can acces it.
But suddenly my shared folder is not accesible anymore from local network. Whatever I do in shared folder permission or with users I can't acces that shared folder from local network anymore.
Always ask for username and password and whatever I put in for it, doesn't work.
What can be wrong?
I also unshare that folder and share it again but it is the same.
I have qnap ts212 and firmware 4.1.1
Blisk
Know my way around

Re: shared folder not accesible anymore

Post by Blisk »

can someone help me with this?
zulf_kar97
Starting out

Post by zulf_kar97 »

Hi. A little more information would be helpful...

Can you access the share using \\NAS_IP\Share_Name ? Does it accept the admin credentials if you supply them?

Do you have any other shared folders, and are they experiencing the same issue or is it just this 'backups' share?

What network equipment/configuration exists between the client and the your NAS?

Is the domain up and running, in particular the FSMO role holder Domain Controller(s)?

Rgds, Zulf
Zulf in the United [we are] Kingdom
QNAP TS-469 Pro | FW: QTS 4.1.0 Build 20140612
4 x WD30EFRX WD Reds | RAID5 | 8.12TB Storage Pool | 2 Volumes [6.1TB] and [2.0TB]
Blisk
Know my way around

Post by Blisk »

zulf_kar97 wrote:Hi. A little more information would be helpful...

Can you access the share using \\NAS_IP\Share_Name ? Does it accept the admin credentials if you supply them?

YES and I get form to input username and pasword and I tried with admin username and password of domain and of nas and doesn't work

Do you have any other shared folders, and are they experiencing the same issue or is it just this 'backups' share?
Almost all of them except two which are from NAS.

What network equipment/configuration exists between the client and the your NAS?
I don't uderstand this quite, but a switch

Is the domain up and running, in particular the FSMO role holder Domain Controller(s)?
Yes it is up and running and works on all client stations.

Rgds, Zulf
zulf_kar97
Starting out

Post by zulf_kar97 »

Blisk, are you using the permissions within the NAS or have you enabled 'Windows ACL support' and are editing permissions from Windows Explorer?

Also, are you saying that some of the shares from your TS-212 work and some do not?

IF you have not enabled 'Windows ACL Support' then I would enable that under 'Advanced Permissions' when viewing your Shares list from the QNAP control panel. Then see if you are able to browse the properties of the folder and check/modify the ACL.
4 x WD30EFRX WD Reds | RAID5 | 8.12TB Storage Pool | 2 Volumes [6.1TB] and [2.0TB]
Blisk
Know my way around

Post by Blisk »

I setup access on nas, I put it in domain just because I don't want any user to browse folders which they must not.
And that worked for about 2 months, but when I checked it two days ago access was denied and it opens window for username and password.
After that I tried all to check in or out.
I have enabled 'Windows ACL Support' and I have disabled it and it is still the same.
superataru
Starting out

Post by superataru »

Blisk wrote:I setup access on nas, I put it in domain just because I don't want any user to browse folders which they must not.
And that worked for about 2 months, but when I checked it two days ago access was denied and it opens window for username and password.
I have enabled 'Windows ACL Support' and I have disabled it and it is still the same.
I got the same problem.
Last updates crashed all configurations. I'm tired of this situation.
patgerber
New here

Post by patgerber »

Same problem, AD integration is not working:
http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=98942
zulf_kar97
Starting out

Post by zulf_kar97 »

I suspect you all need to log a ticket with QNAP Support, if you have not already done so. AD integration is a key enterprise feature of QNAPs and if this is broken by updating the firmware for the Shellshock hole then they need to fix it.
Blisk
Know my way around

Post by Blisk »

superataru wrote:
Blisk wrote:I setup access on nas, I put it in domain just because I don't want any user to browse folders which they must not.
I got the same problem.
Last updates crashed all configurations. I'm tired of this situation.
At my qnap it happend before upgrade and upgrade didn't fix it.
I will copy all files to external disk and than reset qnap and setup it again.
It is the quixkest fix.

But yes it hapends too many times! For m this is 4th time.
kjmorley
New here

Post by kjmorley »

This seems to be a similar if not the same issue I have encountered after the latest update, the update seems to to have created issues with the AD integration.

I have turned off the AD integration, then rejoined the domain, this works fine, and even though the user credentials exist in both AD and in the NAS users and are identical it still fails when trying to access via Windows explorer.

To circumvent the issue I created a new shared folder, moved all the files from Multimedia to the new shared folder and its fine again, but I cannot access the shared folder Multimedia, and this has only occurred since the latest update.

Return to “Windows Domain & Active Directory”