Media Folder & Scanning / folders not appear in the Manager

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
vvirtual
New here

Media Folder & Scanning / folders not appear in the Manager

Post by vvirtual »

Hi all,

What I did:

I set up my brand new TS-231+ using the option via www. Then I moved my whole music and the family pictures into the Multimedia folder.
I tried to set up a kind of structure. So I wanted the common music and the common pictures in separate folders.

/Multimedia/music
/Multimedia/photo

The scan started and I am trying desperate to add the folders to the Multimedia Management. I am able to define them and set for what they should be scanned, but every time I am finsihed and I confirm the settings the folders dissapear.....

Photo Station is not working properly and does not show anything. Althoug there are many photos within the folder mentioned above.

Any clue, hint? Is it because of the running scan of the media library?

Thank you in advance
Torsten
pwilson
Guru

Re: Media Folder & Scanning / folders not appear in the Mana

Post by pwilson »

vvirtual wrote:Hi all,

What I did:

I set up my brand new TS-231+ using the option via www. Then I moved my whole music and the family pictures into the Multimedia folder.
I tried to set up a kind of structure. So I wanted the common music and the common pictures in separate folders.

/Multimedia/music
/Multimedia/photo

The scan started and I am trying desperate to add the folders to the Multimedia Management. I am able to define them and set for what they should be scanned, but every time I am finsihed and I confirm the settings the folders dissapear.....

Photo Station is not working properly and does not show anything. Althoug there are many photos within the folder mentioned above.

Any clue, hint? Is it because of the running scan of the media library?

Thank you in advance
Torsten
Please provide a screenshot of your Multimedia Management folders screen. See Forum FAQ: Can I post images?. or check out Wikipedia article: BBCode to see how to use the "img" and "/img" BBCode tags.

Here is mine:

I suspect you added an extraneous "/" in front of the Multimedia share in your setup, or your permissions are wrong on the subfolders.

Did you create these "music" and "photo" subfolders in your Multimedia share, before attempting to change your Multimedia Management settings to use them?

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
vvirtual
New here

Post by vvirtual »

Oh, how stupid I was. I gave it a chown -R. Now it works. Thank you, Patrick!
New here

Post by 180437 »

Hello, I meet same problem with vvirtual, unable to add a new media folder in multimedia management of control panel, they disappeared while I click the "apply" button.
Could you please explain how to check and resolve it? Thank you.

My NAS model is TS-451, fireware version is 4.1.4 build 20150522.
media folder.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gravitys
Starting out

Post by Gravitys »

180437 wrote:Hello, I meet same problem with vvirtual, unable to add a new media folder in multimedia management of control panel, they disappeared while I click the "apply" button.
Could you please explain how to check and resolve it? Thank you.

My NAS model is TS-451, fireware version is 4.1.4 build 20150522.
media folder.jpg
did you solved this? this bug is getting me crazy :(
Model: TVS-671 FW: 4.5.1.x
HDD : [RAID-5] 4 x 8TB + 2 x 4 TB
RAM: 2x8Gb
CPU : I5 4590S
Back-UPS : RS900G
knap0nline
New here

Re: Media Folder & Scanning / folders not appear in the Manager

Post by knap0nline »

Hi, anyone use QTS 4.2 find out this problem yet? I have a very similar problem. I have already added media folder path on Applications> Multimedia Management> Media Folder Tab.
20151008094910.jpg
But there is no folder display on Photo Station > Folder session. This issue happens since the latest update of QTS 4.2.
20151008095057.jpg
Anyone has the same issue and have the fix yet?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by knap0nline on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
sumol03
New here

Post by sumol03 »

Hi there,
same problem too.
With QTS 4.2, my file manager folders are empty.

But the hierarchical left column show all the folders.
I can access to the files only by ftp.

Thanks in advance for your help.
vprokoshin
New here

Post by vprokoshin »

Hi there,
same problem too. NAS TS-453Pro
With QTS 4.2, my file manager folders are empty, but all photos in the Shared Photos displayed normally.
Qualaelay
New here

Post by Qualaelay »

I had the same, all folders disappeared as I pressed save

What I did is : go the "Media Library" panel, "deactivate media library", then activate it again. Back to the "media folder" pane, some of my folders came back, I could fine-tune more or less correctly from there (UI still buggy though, some items disappear from the table, but if I click on the "Add" button, I can these items coming back in the table by moving around the "add popup")
TS251
TS453Mini
gorillale
Getting the hang of things

Post by gorillale »

Same on me.
After new installation and format the disc, the folder are stored normal.
But when i define a folder for music and other for video, then i see in MusicStation music and video folder, same on videoStation. On the table is see only at the one section video or music a check on checkbox.
TS-439 pro 4.2.6 (out of updates, R.I.P)
sumol03
New here

Post by sumol03 »

My problem was simply the filters in top right...
Just clear it and all worked again!
jpcwebb
Starting out

Post by jpcwebb »

My folders were working fine, then I enabled homes for users and they then disappeared and I started getting errors stating that the media library is disabled (when it isn't). When I disable and re-enable media library, the folders appear briefly in the management dialog but then go away. It won't let me add them either, nor through File Manager. However, indexing appears to be carrying on although I am getting errors, so flip knows what's going on.
TS-251, QTS 4.2.0, 2 x WD Reds 2Tb, RAID1
Guapo81
Know my way around

Post by Guapo81 »

I had the same, all folders disappeared as I pressed save
Strangly enough this did not happen directly after the last firmware update, but anyway.

For me the soluation was the same as qualaelay : go the "Media Library" panel, "deactivate media library", then activate it again. Back to the "media folder" pane, and in my case alll previously selected folders returned.
Everything working correctly again.
QNAP TS-h886-64G 2x Samsung 970PRO NVMe SSD (RAID1, System), 2x Samsung 860 PRO SSD (RAID1, VM) 4x Seagate EXOS X16 16TB (RAID5, Data) - FW: QuTS-hero
QNAP TVS-682-i3-32G 4x HGST HUH728060ALN600 (RAID5, Backup) - FW: QTS
QNAP TVS-463 4x Seagate ST2000VN000 (RAID5, Surveillance, Backup) - FW: QTS
Former units: TS-469Pro, TS-459ProII, TS-269Pro, Qgenie
jpcwebb
Starting out

Post by jpcwebb »

Support request from QNPA suggest a complete reset - but I am loathe to do that because I have custom scripts and cron jobs set up and community qpkgs which I don't want to have to laboriously reinstate, so I've opted to just stick with Twonky and forget the buggy built-in media system until it is made more robust
TS-251, QTS 4.2.0, 2 x WD Reds 2Tb, RAID1

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”