Photo/Video/Music stations dont work in my 4.1.0

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
deanopeps
Starting out

Photo/Video/Music stations dont work in my 4.1.0

Post by deanopeps »

Hi,

I have enabled Web server and the various stations but all I get is Failed to connect to server. I have also set the media scan and using the default QSynch folder to store all the photos etc.
When I try to add a media folder they seem to dissapear - is this normal?

On the surveillance Station it attempts to log in and then goes back to the login screen

It looks like I don't have a database - have I missed something?
QNAP TS212
ML_NAS
New here

Re: Photo/Video/Music stations dont work in my 4.1.0

Post by ML_NAS »

The subject Photostation/Musicstation which was presented as high light on the qnap home page is a disaster from my point of view!
How can they make it so complicated? I got the same version and a lot of malfunctions.
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

deanopeps wrote:Hi,

I have enabled Web server and the various stations but all I get is Failed to connect to server. I have also set the media scan and using the default QSynch folder to store all the photos etc.
When I try to add a media folder they seem to dissapear - is this normal?

On the surveillance Station it attempts to log in and then goes back to the login screen

It looks like I don't have a database - have I missed something?
https://XXXXXXXX.myqnapcloud.com/photo/ & https://XXXXXXXX.myqnapcloud.com/musicstation/ work just fine here.

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
DarekD
New here

Unable to use Video Station

Post by DarekD »

Every time I try to open the Video Station, I am getting this error: "Failed to connect to the Media Library!"
And after adding a folder to the Media folders, they disappear instantly after hitting the Apply button.

Any recommendation? Device, HS-210, has been re-flashed twice now ... :(
sachz
New here

Re: Unable to use Video Station

Post by sachz »

i am having the same problem.

why has this NOT been resolved since February, this was 6 months ago.

anyone!?
sachz
New here

Post by sachz »

i am having the same problem.

anyone!?
sachz
New here

Post by sachz »

im having exact same problems, disaster. cannot get it to work, period. why?
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Post by doktornotor »

Send a crystal ball, or answer the questions asked above.
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Post by doktornotor »

sachz wrote:i am having the same problem.

anyone!?
You already told us here. And failed to provide any information whatsoever (the same goes for everyone on this thread and the other thread.) And you wonder why nothing's been resolved? :roll:

:arrow: http://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
peetsjunkie
Starting out

Post by peetsjunkie »

sachz wrote:im having exact same problems, disaster. cannot get it to work, period. why?
Appears if the wind is not blowing the correct way from the sulpher cloud....

Failed to Connect to Media Library! for me as well. I'm waiting a response back from Support.
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

peetsjunkie wrote:
sachz wrote:im having exact same problems, disaster. cannot get it to work, period. why?
Appears if the wind is not blowing the correct way from the sulpher cloud....

Failed to Connect to Media Library! for me as well. I'm waiting a response back from Support.
Yahoo. Yet another "Me Too" response in this thread, and yet again, no information provided. We can't help anyone in this thread due to the complete lack of information provided. I urge all of you to review: When you're asking a question, please include the following

I also question why this thread is still going. I bet everyone here is now off-topic anyway, as only an idiot would still be using QTS 4.1.0 as it is insecure. Please start "new topics", and please provide answers to all the questions within article: When you're asking a question, please include the following when you do so.

Anyway, I will "force" this, as I am now locking this thread, as no one should be using QTS 4.1.0 anyway, and because no troubleshooting information has been provided, which makes it impossible for the Community to help anyway. Please start your own individual threads for this issue, and please provide as much information about your issue as possible, especially including the Firmware Version & Build numbers of your installed Firmware that is exhibiting this issue.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”