Adding a mediafolder in Multimediamanagement is not possible

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
hp17
New here

Re: Adding a mediafolder in Multimediamanagement is not poss

Post by hp17 »

Hi there,

i did phase the same problem, but after re-installing the 4.1.1 this seems to be fixed. BUT -> even though i see within the "settings/multimedia bibliothek" pictures musik and movies indexed i do NOT SEE any content in photo station, music station or video station.

did someone else experience this?
checio
Starting out

Post by checio »

I had the same problem. I choose any folder to add to the list and after pressing "apply" button list got empty again. Moreover, I could't change "scan plan" - after switching to "daily" or "manual" and pressing "apply" button, plan always switched back to "real-time". Also Photostation didn't work and keep displaying something similar to "building media folder, please wait" (forever actually). After some tries (similar to others) I found solution that fix all the issues:
1. Switch off Photostation and other media packages.
2. Deactivate "Media Library" service.
3. Uninstall Photostation.
4. reboot.
5. Re-initialise SQL database in SQLserver (I don't know if SQL is in use by MediaLibrary actually - I did it "just in case")
6. Activate Media Library and switch scan to "schedule". Apply. (now it works)
7. Media folder now displays "multimedia" and "homes" folders. Now You can add other folders and it works as should.
8. Wait until indexing finishes.
8. Install Photostation. Now it works fine. Set it up and viola!

Good luck
Peter
checio
Starting out

Post by checio »

BTW, one more thing:
After all these steps I noticed that "Download station", which I removed completly 6 month ago, is installed and active again! :-0
It's really frustrating if you have to fight something like that.
I'm wonder if You have the same "bonus". I use TS219P II v4.1.1
Peter
z624391
Starting out

Post by z624391 »

I just disabled/enabled the Media Library and all media folders where visible again.

I think that QNAP is so much focussing on new functionality that they cannot uphold the quality standard from the past.
Example: the backup feature for iSCSI luns is already for a long time very basic and not on the right spot ("Backup Station").
But together with Synology they are the best for non Enterprise usage.
aschots
New here

Post by aschots »

My Media Folders also where not visible anymore in "multimedia management" -> "Media Folder" and added music in the folders that where listed there before did not show up in music station, however with TwonkyMedia DLNA the added music did appear. I remembered disabling "DLNA Server (Beta)" some time ago (because i only used TwonkyMedia), and After enabling "DLNA Server (Beta)" the Media Folders appeared again.
TS-EC1280U-RP (4.1.2) : 2x WD30EFRX, 2x WD3001FFSX, 6x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB
TS-EC1280U-RP (4.2.0) : 6x WD3001FFSX, 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB
TS-809U (4.2.0) : 6x WD3001FFSX
TS-459 Pro+ (4.2.0) : 2x WD30EFRX, 2x WD3001FFSX
TS-459 Pro+ (4.2.0) : 4x WD30EFRX
stephan230
Starting out

Post by stephan230 »

I have the same issue. Is there a solution already?

TS-210
4.1.2 build 1229
2 x 4 TB WD Red
gregoryxx
Starting out

Re: Adding a mediafolder in Multimediamanagement is not possible

Post by gregoryxx »

Confirming that I had the same issue - no folders showing up under Advanced Management - and the steps noted above seemed to /help/ but it still acts weird. I uninstalled Photo Station, then deactivated the Media Library, restarted and re-activated, then did "Rebuild media library indexing" then reinstalled Photo Station. Then the folders show. Mostly. Sometimes they disappear for a while, but they seem to be there most of the time. Better than it was.

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”