TS-259 not powering up

Discussion on remote replication.
jaceresch
Starting out

TS-259 not powering up

Post by jaceresch »

Hello,

I have a TS-259 that was left unpowered for a few months and now won't turn on it, but can hear a distinct clicking sound but there is no leds and no fan.

Have had HDDs installed and have removed them as well with no success.

Purchased new power supply with same result.

Tested both old and new power adapters with multimeter and got a 12V reading.

Performed continuity test on the power sockets solder points with correct readings.

Have checked motherboard all capacitors appear fine (no buldges), no visibly burnt components and no smell that would indicate a burnt out component.

Power rating is 12V DC 7A using the proper delta electronics power supply with a 7.5A rating.

Owner may have once used incorrect power supply with a 19V rating, asking what damage if any would this cause?

Although both new and old power supplies produce a 12V reading before i plug it into the NAS, then plug it into the NAS push power button nothing happens and then remove the power from the NAS and test for voltage on the power adapter to get a 0V reading, it is only when i turn the power off the power supply and turn it back on that i get a 12V reading again.

Thoughts anyone?
Don
Guru

Re: TS-259 not powering up

Post by Don »

If you replaced the power supply and tried powering up without the drives and it still won't power up its sounds like the motherboard is gone. If it is under warranty then claim warranty and have it fixed.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +

Return to “Remote Replication/ Disaster Recovery”