Google Music Qpkg

Tell us your most wanted features from QNAP products.
watso4183
Getting the hang of things

Re: Google Music Qpkg

Post by watso4183 »

I've been working at trying to get the linux version of Google Music Manager running on the QNAP forwarding to X11.
I'm stuck with a few libraries at this point.

This is what's dropping out now for #LDD MusicManager

Code: Select all

[/share/MD0_DATA/Download/MusicManager] # ldd MusicManager
./MusicManager: /usr/lib/libidn.so.11: no version information available (require                      d by ./MusicManager)
./MusicManager: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.10' not found (req                      uired by ./MusicManager)
./MusicManager: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (req                      uired by ./MusicManager)
./MusicManager: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by ./Mu                      sicManager)
./MusicManager: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by ./Mus                      icManager)
        linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xb7790000)
        libaudioenc.so.0 => ./libaudioenc.so.0 (0xb7744000)
        libaacdec.so => ./libaacdec.so (0xb772e000)
        libid3tag.so => ./libid3tag.so (0xb76f3000)
        libmpgdec.so.0 => ./libmpgdec.so.0 (0xb7698000)
        libQtGui.so.4 => not found
        libQtNetwork.so.4 => not found
        libQtCore.so.4 => not found
        libQtWebKit.so.4 => not found
        libX11.so.6 => not found
        libXext.so.6 => not found
        libXi.so.6 => not found
        libXrender.so.1 => not found
        libXrandr.so.2 => not found
        libfontconfig.so.1 => not found
        libfreetype.so.6 => /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6 (0xb7605000)
        libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0xb7512000)
        libgthread-2.0.so.0 => not found
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0xb74fa000)
        libidn.so.11 => /usr/lib/libidn.so.11 (0xb74c9000)
        libresolv.so.2 => /lib/libresolv.so.2 (0xb74b7000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0xb74b3000)
        libexpat.so.1 => /usr/lib/libexpat.so.1 (0xb7493000)
        librt.so.1 => /lib/librt.so.1 (0xb748a000)
        libFLAC.so.8 => not found
        libvorbisfile.so.3 => not found
        libvorbis.so.0 => not found
        libogg.so.0 => not found
        libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0xb7464000)
        libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xb7458000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0xb7324000)
        libz.so.1 => /lib/libz.so.1 (0xb730f000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7791000)
I've gathered most of the necessary packages into a /lib/ folder instead of messing with /opt/bin.
daniluvsuall
Starting out

Post by daniluvsuall »

I'm interested in this too, just bought a QNAP To replace a Windows Server I had basically doing NAS activities so I'll do some research and come back.

Did you manage to resolove the dependancies you mentioned? - I'd be worried about upgrading big libraries and breaking the NAS, might look into moving the library path format around and seeing if we can get the "MusicManager" to look in another path first before moaning.
sanmi69
Starting out

Post by sanmi69 »

From november 13, google music is on europe.

I want a google music qpkg to sincronice my nas music on google music!!!!!!!
daniluvsuall
Starting out

Post by daniluvsuall »

sanmi69 wrote:From november 13, google music is on europe.

I want a google music qpkg to sincronice my nas music on google music!!!!!!!
Hopefully we may have some more interest in it then, I just signed up through a proxy in the US - well well well worth it, it'll be nuts in the UK.

I've been looking at setting this up and it's no easy task.. I don't have a Linux box to download the .rpm or .deb file from Googles and a user agent switcher doesn't fool it either - if anyone can provide I'd be most greatful.

P.S. Installing X11 as some others have suggested just isn't acceptable on a NAS.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

daniluvsuall wrote:.., I just signed up through a proxy in the US - well well well worth it, it'll be nuts in the UK.
Done the same a long time ago - appears to fully work finally, including the upload and play on the Android devices. Proxy registration should no longer be required for residents of the UK, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain.
daniluvsuall wrote:P.S. Installing X11 as some others have suggested just isn't acceptable on a NAS.
Yeah ... TS-x69 (Pro, L) owners might have a chance as HD Station will bring a partial X installation :shock:
daniluvsuall
Starting out

Post by daniluvsuall »

schumaku wrote:Yeah ... TS-x69 (Pro, L) owners might have a chance as HD Station will bring a partial X installation :shock:.
HD Station..?
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Do dome Googling - essentially the TS-x69 NAS can be connected to a HDMI and used as a player (ie. XBMC), to surf the net (Chrome), or to watch YouTube. This was showcased on Computex 2012 8)
daniluvsuall
Starting out

Post by daniluvsuall »

Ahh.. see this defeats the niceness of the NAS I got rid of a full blown Windows server for it so I want something headless.

I tried the HDMI port the other day when I was upgrading the RAM.. didn't get anything out of it but maybe it's disabled.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Yes, on the production NAS it's disabled - this requires a BIOS/firmware/Kernel upgrade. Kernel and the environment is one of the issues having slowed down the development - aside of the community headwinds on the unlucky 3.8 Beta release..
ben.hooper
Starting out

Post by ben.hooper »

If a Google Music qpkg did exist, I'd lap it up. Now that it's officially launched in the UK, I'm in the process of uploading my music library (yes, all legal...) to Google's online platform. My music is stored on the NAS, but to upload it I've had to use a laptop running the Google client. That means leaving the laptop powered up for weeks on end (due to the pathetic broadband upload speed I have to live with); whereas I bought the NAS explicitly to carry out 24*7, low-power tasks. A NAS application sounds perfect for upload and synch of my library.

Direct streaming from the NAS just isn't an option for me due to the low uplink speeds. So while I understand there *could* be a competition angle from Qnap's point of view, I'm sorry to say that I can't use the service they're offering in the first place.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Also uploading my music library these days to Google Music - a QPKG with the similar functionality to the Google Play Music Manager would be nice (monitoring configured folders (and subfolders) and automatically upload to the cloud.

On he other hand, I would appreciate QNAP doing the basic homework on their platform - and not use time and resources to reverse-engineer (or is there a published API to Google Music?) and implement it.
daniluvsuall
Starting out

Post by daniluvsuall »

ben.hooper wrote:Direct streaming from the NAS just isn't an option for me due to the low uplink speeds. So while I understand there *could* be a competition angle from Qnap's point of view, I'm sorry to say that I can't use the service they're offering in the first place.
I can't argue that excuse I have a 100mbps pipe! but it's nice to download music, sort it into my folders and then just see it appear on Google Music 10 minutes later when I had a Windows Server and stream from anywhere in the world effectively.

Plus the QNAP (from what I know) have the Android App like Goole Music.
APierson
Starting out

Post by APierson »

Adding another voice to the call for a Google Music QPKG. I'd love to be able to upload stuff to Google Music without my computer having to be running all the time.
freakazoid
New here

Post by freakazoid »

+1

I have some gigs of music... I wonder why iTunes-users haven'' screamed about their service, btw.
LarsN
Experience counts

Post by LarsN »

Added to the feature request list

Return to “Features Wanted”