After firmware upgrade 4.0.7 "file system not clean" (again)

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
baskerville
New here

After firmware upgrade 4.0.7 "file system not clean" (again)

Post by baskerville »

Hello,

Yesterday I upgraded our TS439Pro from firmware 4.0.3 to 4.0.7.

After the reboot it displayed an error message "[Mirror Disk Volume: Drive 1 2] The file system is not clear...".

When I "Check File System" in storage manager I get the error "[Mirror Disk Volume: Drive 1 2] Examination failed (Cannot unmount disk)."

It didn't do this on reboots with previous firmware versions. On the other hand I think one year ago I had a similar problem and it is because I have QPKG enabled.

I think I fixed it by using SSH and typing a command but I cannot find the post again related to it on this board.

Can anyone send me a suggestion as how to run the "Check File System" properly and get the error resolved?

Thanks

Filip
fantomas
Experience counts

Re: After firmware upgrade 4.0.7 "file system not clean" (ag

Post by fantomas »

There's whole topic on
How to track "File system is not clean" warning issue

simple answer is that one of installed programs, most probably a QPKG (may be an ipkg or other software) is not stopping correctly on system shutdown, which prevents the firmware from unmounting the filesystem correctly. The same happens when trying to check the filesystem.

stop and/or disable all your QPKGs for help. Read the article linked above for more infos and hints.
experience with administration of UN*X (mostly linux) and applications on internet servers since 1994...

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”