Error - "Storage pool is full"?

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
Borisw37
Starting out

Error - "Storage pool is full"?

Post by Borisw37 »

I have a TS-451 w/ 4x2TB HDDs. Drives are all in RAID10 and a single "storage pool". I created a single volume for the entire volume of the pool. Basically followed default settings during initial setup, nothing fancy.
Recently I've started getting an error "[Pool 1] Storage pool is full. Low storage space may affect the performance of accessing files, please expand the capacity as soon as possible"
The volume is only ~30% full. Does it matter that the pool is full? Would it always be fool if all of it is allocated to a single volume?
Qnap_Storage_Pool_Error.png
Thank you,

Boris.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
schumaku
Guru

Re: Error - "Storage pool is full"?

Post by schumaku »

Hello Boris,

The message is correct - as the storage pool is used to 100%, while the alert is set to 80%.

If you can't disable the Alert threshold (depending on some config variables it's forced enabled) look here -> https://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Kn ... al-release

Regards,
-Kurt.
philhu
Know my way around

Post by philhu »

But the point is that the alert is really superfluous. If you build volumes, you will almost always fill up your storage pool to use the space in a volume, true?

And I do understand the force enable if you use snapshots because a snapshot fail for out of space causes the volume to go Read-only.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

philhu wrote:But the point is that the alert is really superfluous. If you build volumes, you will almost always fill up your storage pool to use the space in a volume, true?
This depends - many consumers just seeking for a single huge volume will do so of course.

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”