How to get data into the .@iscsi.img directory?

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
taupehat
New here

How to get data into the .@iscsi.img directory?

Post by taupehat »

Problem: Running XenServer pool with storage type lvmoiscsi. Other-brand storage array died. I was able to reattach the disks to a Linux box and copy the files onto a USB drive. The files are LVM volumes created by XenServer. Attached the USB disk to my TS-451 with ample room, created an iSCSI block volume, attached XenServer to that, found a bunch of similar LVM volume files. I tried deleting the newly-created files in /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.@iscsi.img/ and then copying the LVM volumes from the USB drive to the same location but after about 750 gigs I got "no space on device" at which time I realized I was copying the files to system flash. I wonder what happened to the files I deleted...

Since that time I've created an NFS share and copied the files from the USB just fine to path /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/testNFSshare/ but XenServer won't use those LVM volumes as with NFS it expects to see VHD files. I really need to get those volume files shared out as iSCSI. How do I do this?

Thanks in advance :)
taupehat
New here

Re: How to get data into the .@iscsi.img directory?

Post by taupehat »

Figured it out. Followed the instructions here, and the LUNs attached, but XenServer got confused because it was expecting them to look like a single volume. So I catted the LUNs together into a ginormous (4.7TB) file, redid the steps, and the data is good!

Now, since the whole thing is really hinky and non-standard, I'm copying the data from the QNAP onto local storage, after which I'll delete the hinky, non-standard setup, create a non-hinky, standard setup, and then copy the data back. Woohoo!

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”