QNAP firmware issues : Major file system bug

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
xadox
Getting the hang of things

Re: QNAP firmware issues : Major file system bug

Post by xadox »

Is there still a bug with smbd on TS-419P+. Somehow the process takes arount 80-100% of the cpu power.
The webinterface is badly slow and on file moving from nas to desktop I receive on arount 10-30MB. In the past I had around 90MB.
Greets XadoX
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

xadox wrote:Is there still a bug with smbd on TS-419P+. Somehow the process takes arount 80-100% of the cpu power.
The webinterface is badly slow and on file moving from nas to desktop I receive on arount 10-30MB. In the past I had around 90MB.
Different problem. Open a new thread or search the forum to see if this has been addressed.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
chrisqncl
Starting out

Post by chrisqncl »

sl1000 wrote:Chris: That is really different issue, please open a seperate post on it.

i'm closing this one for now. It has become one big list of general issues which very often are _not_ related to the real issue discussed here.

People _please_ do your homework.[snip]
I disagree and it is QNAP who is not doing their homework.

As I said, I believe QNAP has chased the wrong problem. The issue still seems to be there with firmware 3.7.x.
Please check with the original submitter (SuperMario). By the way: I did my homework and confirmed with him directly.

I would like to mention here that his original post was made in July 2011. This is over one year ago.

QNAP: _Please_ do your job!

- chris
TS-410, 4xHitachi Deskstar 5K3000 2TB (HDS5C3020ALA632 ML6O), 1 Volume RAID-5 ext3, Firmware 3.1.2
forkless
Experience counts

Post by forkless »

I'm sorry to say this but this thread indeed has become a garbage can of peope to throw their performance problems into.

The issue was identified as a filesystem problem not a network problem one, there are many people posting in this thread with issues about samba while in fact this particular problem exposes itself directly on the disk subsystem, there is no filesystem layer causing any issues in this particular instance.

As much as I like QNAP to paddle a bit harder, some of these posts in here are a severe case of 'Me too!', frustration and/or ignorance.

In any case this thread should be closed.

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”