junitrules wrote:Bought a new TS-210. Upgraded it to the latest firmware (3.5.0 Build0816) and tested out the file transfer speed - 2.45MB/S when transferring to, and from the QNAP...
I have 2x 1TB Samsung HDDs in the box which were empty (other than EXT4 info). Have tried plugging the PC directly into the QNAP and still slow...
My question is, is this slow speed down to the firmware issue detailed in this thread? I have searched through the forum for answers but only come across this one...
Thanks in advance.
Please check the following condition if you encounter the slow performance issue. Normally, the bottleneck is at the client PC performance. There is difference between transfer a single large file and a large amount of small files (the latter one will be slower).
- Check the HDD RPM on both NAS and client PC (7200 RPM will be advised for performance )
- Client PC performance (CPU, Memory, )
- Network switch 10/100 MB/s or 1000 MB/s (10 MB/s under 100 MB/s network environment)
- Using network cable Cat5e or Cat6
- Disable the firewall or antivirus scan on the client PC
- Go to NAS [System Information] > [Port Status], and check the "Error Packets"
(It can be hardware issue on PC or NAS if there are many error packets occurred.)