Volume is locked after 4.0.6 Update

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
abcole
New here

Volume is locked after 4.0.6 Update

Post by abcole »

Hi all,
We have QNAP TS-596 Pro that has been running 4.0.5 without issue for a few months.
We been able to reboot & access the one encrypted volume without issue.

Today I install the latest firmware 4.0.6 and rebooted, the volume came back locked.
I have tried to unlock the volume with the correct password & receive an error. “Encryption key entered incorrectly”

Please keep in mind we have never had an issue with the volume being locked after a reboot or a firmware update.
At the time of the setup of the QNAP volume we used KeePass to generate a password, then saved one other place. It was then cut &
pasted into option Volume encryption dialog box with save password option enabled…

Has anyone else has this issue before?
Does anyone know if I downgrade the Firmware to 4.0.5 & that might fix this issue.
This is the main backup unit for four Windows servers & now cannot be reached.

Thank you for your time,

A.B. Cole
pwilson
Guru

Re: Volume is locked after 4.0.6 Update

Post by pwilson »

abcole wrote:Hi all,
We have QNAP TS-596 Pro that has been running 4.0.5 without issue for a few months.
We been able to reboot & access the one encrypted volume without issue.

Today I install the latest firmware 4.0.6 and rebooted, the volume came back locked.
I have tried to unlock the volume with the correct password & receive an error. “Encryption key entered incorrectly”

Please keep in mind we have never had an issue with the volume being locked after a reboot or a firmware update.
At the time of the setup of the QNAP volume we used KeePass to generate a password, then saved one other place. It was then cut &
pasted into option Volume encryption dialog box with save password option enabled…

Has anyone else has this issue before?
Does anyone know if I downgrade the Firmware to 4.0.5 & that might fix this issue.
This is the main backup unit for four Windows servers & now cannot be reached.

Thank you for your time,

A.B. Cole
Is your password under 16 bytes?

Submit a ticket with the QNAP Helpdesk for assistance. You might have to restore the backup you made immediately prior to completeing the upgrade. (Step #2).

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
abcole
New here

Post by abcole »

Hi Patrick,
I have 8 QNAP's & they all have 16 characters long passwords which is support by these units at least in this web page - http://docs.qnap.com/nas/en/index.html? ... system.htm. If you type 17 characters the password field turns red.

I did open a support ticket & was just looking for a way to get this working faster.

Thank you for post.

A.B. Cole
mexcel
First post

Post by mexcel »

Hi all,
I have the same problem after upgrading to 4.06 on a TS-869L with 8x3TB WD Red Raid6. I cannot unlock the encrypted volume allthough the definite correct password is provided (by hand; under 16 characters). I successfully downgraded to 4.05, but the problem persist. I opened a ticket to.
@A.B.: Would be nice if you can keep us informed.
Regards,
Andreas

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”