why doesn't my ts-470 pro tell me to upgrade the firmware?

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
yellowdog222
Starting out

why doesn't my ts-470 pro tell me to upgrade the firmware?

Post by yellowdog222 »

Hi, Anyone able to explain why the GUI tells me my TS-470 Pro on 4.0.3 is up to date when the website tells me the latest version is 4.0.6?
http://www.qnap.com/v3/uk/product_x_dow ... pe=&II=205
Its putting me of updating.

Cheers
pwilson
Guru

Re: why doesn't my ts-470 pro tell me to upgrade the firmwar

Post by pwilson »

yellowdog222 wrote:Hi, Anyone able to explain why the GUI tells me my TS-470 Pro on 4.0.3 is up to date when the website tells me the latest version is 4.0.6?
http://www.qnap.com/v3/uk/product_x_dow ... pe=&II=205
Its putting me of updating.

Cheers
Because no version higher than QTS v4.0.3 has been released through "Live Update" yet. You'd have to ask QNAP about this, as the Community has no input on what versions are provided by Live Update.

You can always find the latest Firmware on the TS-470 Pro product page. (You might want to bookmark this page in your Web Browser, so that you can check it regularly for the remainder of your time with your TS-470 Pro).

The QTS v4.0.6 Release Notes, claim to have addressed many of the "known" issues with QTS v4.0.5 and earlier, so perhaps QNAP will view it as "stable" enough to publish it to "Live Update" once they have more feedback from earlier adopters.
QTS v4.0.6 Release Notes wrote: Notes :
[Version and Build]
QTS 4.0.6 build 0321

[Change log]
Fixed - Reinitialize NAS will clear the data in external drive data
Fixed - Can not open the .psd files which are transmitted by AFP protocol
Fixed - Need to rejoin again when log in Windows 2000 AD domain

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
yellowdog222
Starting out

Re: why doesn't my ts-470 pro tell me to upgrade the firmwar

Post by yellowdog222 »

Thanks Patrick, I understand. It seems strange to me that QNAP do it this way, I'm not doubting you of course I'm sure you are correct but to me if its on the download page then it should be stable and therefore on live update as well. Oh well. Thanks again.

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”