TS-869 PRO NO RAID sfter system firmware upgrade 4.0.7

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
dferara
Starting out

TS-869 PRO NO RAID sfter system firmware upgrade 4.0.7

Post by dferara »

I have an TS-869 Pro, I updated from 4.0.5 to 4.0.7, and after the upgrade completed sucesfully, the disk 1 and 2 is not seen by the system only disk 8 that is not RAID mode.

I did one more time the upgrade from the QFINDER and still the same problems!

It seems that with the 4.0.7 there are some issues with the raid. I read on the forum that other people have similar problems!

Thankx for your help!

Daniel
QNAP DISTRIBUTOR in Venezuela
QNAP TS-109 Pro | Version 3.3.0 build 0924T | 750GB | Seagate 7200.12
QNAP TS-210 | Version 4.1.0 Build RC3 | 1TB x 2 Raid 1 | Seagate 7200.12 ST31000528AS CC49
QNAP TS-239 Pro | Version 4.1.0 Build RC3 | 4TB,2TB | Seagate 7200.12 ST31000528AS
QNAP SS-439 Pro | Version 4.1.0 Build RC3 | 500GBx2 Raid 1 | Seagate ST9500420AS 0002 | 540GB | Samsung HM641JI 2AJ1
pwilson
Guru

Re: TS-869 PRO NO RAID sfter system firmware upgrade 4.0.7

Post by pwilson »

dferara wrote:I have an TS-869 Pro, I updated from 4.0.5 to 4.0.7, and after the upgrade completed sucesfully, the disk 1 and 2 is not seen by the system only disk 8 that is not RAID mode.

I did one more time the upgrade from the QFINDER and still the same problems!

It seems that with the 4.0.7 there are some issues with the raid. I read on the forum that other people have similar problems!

Thankx for your help!

Daniel
QNAP DISTRIBUTOR in Venezuela
We need more information in order to help you. Please review article: When you're asking a question, please include the following

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Seen just one TS-869 owner reporting the HDD in slot #1 and #2 were not recognized following the warm (re-)boot, an cold reboot has resolved the issue.

Don't forget a warm boot once succeeded. Get in touch with QNAP customer service if the issue can't be resolved. Nothing more the community can do here.

Regards,
-Kurt.
chrismeyer
New here

Post by chrismeyer »

Hi,

I have no solution but a very similiar error after applying firmware 4.0.7. Maybe there is something wrong with firmware 4.0.7?
TS-439 PRO, upgrade to 4.0.7 because of the haert bleed bug. Upgrade via Web GUI without any error. After restart the NAS has changed the name, has lost it's configuration and starts in first time setup assistent. I found no way to bybass the assistent. Harddiscs/RAID are not considered at all. The recommended solution for a migration of the RAID to another QNAP doesn't work as well.

Any shell scripts possible to reactivate the NAS AND RAID?
I will open a support ticket as well.

Best regards,
Chris
jenx210
First post

Post by jenx210 »

I have a similar experience with the upgrade of a TS210.

I got a log error that says Mirror disk volume 1 & 2 Drive 2 failed. yet the disk management shows both disks are good.

The name of the NAS has been changed to NASC0170D from its old name

This is poor QNAP and you are trying to sell us on the quality of your new user interface in Beta, thats a joke.
xoxide101
Know my way around

Post by xoxide101 »

at least I'm aware I'm no longer alone in my upgrade to 4.0.7 issue with the raids.

There has to be a bug and I hope qnap has a solution because no backups will be exactly like the unit is configured..
Q_Lover69
Starting out

Post by Q_Lover69 »

I'm also experiencing this issue. I upgraded to 4.0.7 and had (warm) rebooted several times with no issues however whilst performing partition operations on my backup volume, the NAS rebooted and lost its network and raid configuration. I am no longer able to access the GUI console, (although have access via SSH).

All my family photos are now only on the NAS as the backup volume was being reformatted at the time!

Before I start to rebuild the RAID array and volume does anyone have any suggestions?
TS-419P QTS 4.0.7 4*1TB HDD RAID 0
tweety73
Starting out

Post by tweety73 »

look here :
http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=92268

seems like same problem , I had - if you have SSH access try to restore the /etc/config/uLinux.conf from /etc/defualt_...

and reboot
that worked on my TS-470
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

jenx210 wrote:I have a similar experience with the upgrade of a TS210.

I got a log error that says Mirror disk volume 1 & 2 Drive 2 failed. yet the disk management shows both disks are good.

The name of the NAS has been changed to NASC0170D from its old name

This is poor QNAP and you are trying to sell us on the quality of your new user interface in Beta, thats a joke.
Why is QNAP responsible? Hot-Swap "failed" HDD2 with a good replacement drive, and wait for RAID to rebuild. Reboot. Your issue is completely different from the OP, so you are wasting your time, and ours to post your unrelated "off-topic" issue to this thread. Start a new thread instead of hijacking someone else's.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters

pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

xoxide101 wrote:at least I'm aware I'm no longer alone in my upgrade to 4.0.7 issue with the raids.

There has to be a bug and I hope qnap has a solution because no backups will be exactly like the unit is configured..
And how does any of this non-information apply to the Topic of this thread: "Re: TS-869 PRO NO RAID sfter system firmware upgrade 4.0.7"?
Start your own "new thread" as it pertains to your "different" (TS-809) device, and supply information about your drives and RAID configuration when you do so.

Please review article: When you're asking a question, please include the following, prior to posting your "new topic".

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

Q_Lover69 wrote:I'm also experiencing this issue. I upgraded to 4.0.7 and had (warm) rebooted several times with no issues however whilst performing partition operations on my backup volume, the NAS rebooted and lost its network and raid configuration. I am no longer able to access the GUI console, (although have access via SSH).

All my family photos are now only on the NAS as the backup volume was being reformatted at the time!

Before I start to rebuild the RAID array and volume does anyone have any suggestions?

And how does any of this non-information apply to the Topic of this thread: "Re: TS-869 PRO NO RAID sfter system firmware upgrade 4.0.7"?
Start your own "new thread" as it pertains to your "different" (TS-419) device, and supply information about your drives and RAID configuration when you do so.

Please review article: When you're asking a question, please include the following, prior to posting your "new topic".

For Gosh sakes backup all your "family photos" to multiple locations. You don't want to lose them in the event of HDD/Firmware-update failure on your NAS. I'm sure my now Ex-Wife would give you the same advice. She has never forgiven me for losing 15 years of our family photos because I was a bone-head, and didn't protect this "irreplacable" data with multiple backups.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

TS869User
First post

Post by TS869User »

Patrick, if you are not willing to help, don't open your mouth. Stop criticizing on every comments. That is just rude and uneducated type of action.
fernando11554
Starting out

Post by fernando11554 »

Older thread but seems to be similar to my issue right now. Updated from 4.0.7 to 4.1.2. Pool Error, lost volume after restart. http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=102116

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”