"File system is not clean" since 4.1.0

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
dragonmike
Getting the hang of things

"File system is not clean" since 4.1.0

Post by dragonmike »

As the title says, I'm getting this error message after every boot since I upgraded to firmware 4.1.0. I run the file system check as suggested but everything seems fine. Tested all disks, all fine.

Yet next time I reboot it claims the same again.

Any ideas?

TS 469L, raid 5, ext 4, 1 volume.
schumaku
Guru

Re: "File system is not clean" since 4.1.0

Post by schumaku »

Re-apply the latest 4.1.0 Build 20140612 (or newer) using the manual process from the NAS shell -> http://wiki.qnap.com/wiki/Manually_Updating_Firmware

It's not a systematic issue with QTS 4.1 ... avoid necroposting and posting the same issue multiple times please.

Typical reason are some processes the NAS can't reliably stop on shutdown, so the file system can't be unmounted cleanly.

Think about QPKG or other apps installed on your NAS potentially prohibiting a clean shutdown.
dragonmike

Post by dragonmike »

schumaku wrote:Re-apply the latest 4.1.0 Build 20140612 (or newer) using the manual process from the NAS shell -> http://wiki.qnap.com/wiki/Manually_Updating_Firmware

It's not a systematic issue with QTS 4.1 ... avoid necroposting and posting the same issue multiple times please.

Typical reason are some processes the NAS can't reliably stop on shutdown, so the file system can't be unmounted cleanly.

Think about QPKG or other apps installed on your NAS potentially prohibiting a clean shutdown.
Sorry if I'm necroposting, I used the beloved search function but didn't find a proper answer to the issue.

The only app running is HD station.

I'll try re-applying the firmware manually and see if it improves... Thanks.
dragonmike

Post by dragonmike »

For the benefit of everyone I just figured I'd share that this issue disappeared after I upgraded xbmc to v12.3.

I have no idea if it's related, a coincidence, or if it fixed itself, but fact is, I'm not getting the error message anymore after the system restarts in the morning.
bull
New here

Post by bull »

schumaku wrote:Re-apply the latest 4.1.0 Build 20140612 (or newer) using the manual process from the NAS shell -> http://wiki.qnap.com/wiki/Manually_Updating_Firmware

Sir, you seem to have an issue where you can not see the forest for the trees that you have built up around yourself and your 30K+ posts. In doing a similar search, this is the first post that comes up regarding the search string.

QNAP has a serious issue with their hardware/firmware, they have a more serious issue with their forums and CS...

schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

bull wrote:QNAP has a serious issue with their hardware/firmware, they have a more serious issue with their forums and CS...
Thank you for driving by here again - almost two years after filing two rant posts. And what's the problem with the forum in your opinion please?

CS = Customer Support? Please contact QNAP, best by using http://helpdesk.qnap.com/ - this is a community forum and not customer support.

I'm not QNAP. And of course I do everything wrong I can do wrong. Yes, might happen I've not met Mr. Murphy (and his laws) recently - and all Home and SMB NAS I have at hand (QTS 4.1.0 20140612, including TS-269 with HD Station, ...) have no problems with running a file system check. Again, I might have missed something. Well possible, I'm operating a limited number of Apps, or a different selection.

Can't see any added value from your post - content added might fit your nick name.

Regards,
-Kurt.
spatti
New here

Post by spatti »

I ran into this same issue. I uninstalled S3Plus Backup/Sync and the problem is gone. You should check to see if you have that app installed or any other app that isn't allowing the shutdown to occur gracefully.

Good luck!

TS420 Raid 6
version 4.1.3

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”