TS 412 Failed after Power Outage

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
Murbella7
Starting out

TS 412 Failed after Power Outage

Post by Murbella7 »

Came home and found we had a power outage. Qnap had flashing red light. I restarted the device and status is still flashing red. The 4 drive lights are all steady green. Qfinder says ".. has not been configured yet. Would you like to run the setup wizard to set up the server now?"

The box has 4x2TB drives configured as 1 vol. It runs as a NAS not a server and is my media library storage.

If I run the wizard, will I lose all current data? This is not catastrophic but would be downright annoying. I would need to resource and rebuild the movie, TV and music libraries, many hours/days of work with lots of loss along the way.

Please, not lectures about backups, I was naughty I know, but to date never had a problem like this, even through some pretty nasty power and network issues.
Murbella7
Starting out

Access Failure After Power Outage

Post by Murbella7 »

Came home and found we had a power outage. Qnap had a flashing red light. I restarted the device and status is still flashing red. The 4 drive lights are all steady green. Qfinder says ".. has not been configured yet. Would you like to run the setup wizard to set up the server now?"

The box has 4x2TB drives configured as 1 vol. It runs as a NAS not a server and is my media library storage.

If I run the wizard, will I lose all current data? This is not catastrophic but would be downright annoying. I would need to resource and rebuild the movie, TV and music libraries, many hours/days of work with lots of loss along the way.

Please, not lectures about backups, I was naughty I know, but to date never had a problem like this, even through some pretty nasty power and network issues.

PS: I posted this in another stream before I found this one. Hope this doesn't cause problems.
schumaku
Guru

Re: TS 412 Failed after Power Outage

Post by schumaku »

Fully agree, issues like these should never happen. You are kindly asked to contact QNAP Customer Service http://helpdesk.qnap.com/ for assistance to create the awareness required.
Murbella7
Starting out

Post by Murbella7 »

Thank you, I have submitted a support ticket as suggested.
Murbella7
Starting out

Post by Murbella7 »

Thanks guys, all is well, or well enough. QNAP did help with some live terminal stuff. It took many weeks, but I managed to save all the data, which is now spread across a bunch of USB attached drives. My current task is deciding what configuration I will use before I start to transfer the files back. It is a long slow process.

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”