recovery of TS119 hard drive after firmware upgrade :-(

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
timbo_123
First post

recovery of TS119 hard drive after firmware upgrade :-(

Post by timbo_123 »

Can anyone help?

I tried to update the firmware on my TS119.

During the process the NAS restarted and had a red/green flashing status light. I followed the proceudre for recovery, yet when I went QFinder to configure, it my hard-drive initialized.

I think I have lost all my wedding photos :-(

Can anyone help a complete novice to try to recover his valuable photos? :?
pwilson
Guru

Re: recovery of TS119 hard drive after firmware upgrade :-(

Post by pwilson »

timbo_123 wrote:Can anyone help?

I tried to update the firmware on my TS119.

During the process the NAS restarted and had a red/green flashing status light. I followed the proceudre for recovery, yet when I went QFinder to configure, it my hard-drive initialized.

I think I have lost all my wedding photos :-(

Can anyone help a complete novice to try to recover his valuable photos? :?
Restore from the Backup you made immediately prior to doing the Firmware Update.

Pay particular attention to Step #2: "Before updating system firmware, back up all disk data on the server to avoid any potential data loss during system update.". If you didn't actually backup your data prior to doing the Firmware Update (despite explicit instructions to do so), then I would argue that the those photos weren't valuable to you at all. Unfortunately I doubt your new bride will view them this way. Why the contempt for your own data?

There are professional data recovery services around that can recover your NAS, but the cost may exceed the price of your wedding.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”