RTRR I/O error or no space left

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
tylerd
New here

RTRR I/O error or no space left

Post by tylerd »

Hi,

i opened a technical support ticket on this topic a week ago, but no response yet. Thought i'll try my luck with the community instead :)

All of a sudden our RTRR sync job from one NAS to another failed:

"Job encountered a remote I/O error or no space left on the destination device!"

There is more than 50% free disk space available on the destination device (both NAS raid 5). Filesystem check
completed without errors. Complete test of each HDD completed with no errors also.

Problem persists after multiple reboots and updating to latest firmware.

Is this a known problem and is there a fix, other than rebuilding the raid?
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Re: RTRR I/O error or no space left

Post by doktornotor »

If you provided the same level of detail like in your post, there's no wonder you received no reply whatsoever.

http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=68954
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
tylerd
New here

Post by tylerd »

Pardon, thought it was a well known issue and enough information for that specific problem.

Details:
- RTRR from TS-859 Pro+ (fw. 4.0.7) to TS-859 Pro+ (fw. former 4.0.7, updatet to 4.1.0 after sync fail)
- single port via 28 port switch
- source NAS 8x2TB Hitachi HDS723020BLA642
- target NAS 8x3TB Seagate ST3000NC000 CE02

It worked well for the past 6 months or so and nothing was changed in the configuration. I really don't know why it stopped working, but i guess it has something to do with a corrupt filesystem. We had a similar issue before on another QNAP NAS not long ago. The only way to fix it was to rebuilt the raid. Hopefully that doesnt happen regularly with QNAP NAS's.
tylerd
New here

Post by tylerd »

It seems that a single file is (again) the root of all evil.
Can not be deleted. The awesome drive examination finally exits with "cannot unmount disk" (it did not before).

So it is the filesystem (again, different NAS though). Is there any way to prevent this?

Also:

Will try to e2fsck, but it did not work last time, on the other NAS. Well...
tylerd
New here

Post by tylerd »

Ok, this is odd...

I can't run a simple e2fsck because of "Error allocating block bitmap (4): Memory allocation failed".

Why is that and what "memory", RAM or disk space?

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”