HD I/O Status : Abnormal

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
johnv
New here

HD I/O Status : Abnormal

Post by johnv »

Hi,

I have a TS219-P with 2 disks set up as single disks (No Raid).

About 4 weeks ago, I replaced one of the disks with a 6TB WD60EFRX (82.00A82) which is on the recommended list from my NAS.

It is currently showing up as HD I/O Status : Abnormal.

The only 'error' I can find is 2 entries in the System log about 2 weeks ago
[Harddisk2] medium error. Please run bad block scan on this drive or replace the drive if the error persists.
There are no other errors or warnings in the system log in the last 2 weeks and everything seems to to be working fine.

When I saw the warning yesterday, I ran a "check file system" on the disk and it came up good.
Today I ran a complete test under SMART and the test was completed and no errors were found.
When I look at the 'SMART Information', all items are showing as "Good"

Is there something else I should check to know for sure if there really is a problem with the disk ???

thanks in advance...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Re: HD I/O Status : Abnormal

Post by doktornotor »

Post the SMART Information tab. Not this useless summary. Christ, I will just ask QNAP to remove this stupidity that people insist on screenshotting and posting all the time.
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
johnv
New here

Post by johnv »

SMART information tab attached...

thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Post by doktornotor »

Nothing wrong there. Debug with QNAP: :arrow: http://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
johnv
New here

Post by johnv »

submitted a ticket... thanks.
r1e_1980
New here

Post by r1e_1980 »

Hi Johnv,

Did you get any useful answers from Qnap after submitting the ticket? - I got, what seems to be, the same problem. Even after replacing the disk with a new one.

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”