Shared folder missing after 4.1.1 firmware update

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
Lyn
Starting out

Shared folder missing after 4.1.1 firmware update

Post by Lyn »

Background: New TS-870 Pro w/ 8 x 2 TB drives in Raid 6 (previously rescued successfully from TS-809 Pro).

What has happened: While setting up additional & troubleshooting user privileges, one of the (critical, of course) shared folders has become inaccessible. This folder (designated as "F") is holding almost 2 TB of data. I believe that under Shared Folder Properties for that folder, the Recycle Bin Access restriction box may have been checked, and the folder path wiped out (or something along those lines).

Now under Control Panel > Privilege Settings > Shared Folders, and after refreshing the data, folder F data is:
Size - NaN undefined
Folders - NaN
Files - NaN
and the Volume name is missing (everything is/was in Volume1).

The size of the data on the array has not changed, and we have been very careful to not add or delete anything.

How can we recover the "F" folder? I know it's there ... the system will just not recognize it.

Thanks!
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Re: Shared folder missing after 4.1.1 firmware update

Post by doktornotor »

Remove and recreate the share.
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
Lyn
Starting out

Post by Lyn »

doktornotor wrote:Remove and recreate the share.

And how do I save the data?
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Post by doktornotor »

Data does NOT get deleted when you remove the share, unless you specifically check the checkbox to remove them. Kindly read the fine manual. http://docs.qnap.com/nas/4.1/SMB/en/share_folders.htm
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
Lyn
Starting out

Post by Lyn »

doktornotor wrote:Data does NOT get deleted when you remove the share, unless you specifically check the checkbox to remove them. Kindly read the fine manual. http://docs.qnap.com/nas/4.1/SMB/en/share_folders.htm
Thank you! Shared folder has been deleted, recreated, and all data is intact (615k files).
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Post by doktornotor »

Thanks for reporting back.

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”