TS869 - Firmware without Storage Pool?

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
Blackout
Starting out

TS869 - Firmware without Storage Pool?

Post by Blackout »

hi is there a firmware (older) that does not have this Storage Pool rubbish?

i want to use my TS-869 as 8x Single Drives and these Storage Pools are just getting in the way and taking up space on every drive. The Storage Pool is a great idea for those running Raid but how about us who just want to use Single Drive? why must we be forced to use Storage Pool?

is it easy to downgrade firmware?

many thanks,
Blackout
schumaku
Guru

Re: TS869 - Firmware without Storage Pool?

Post by schumaku »

Single disk usage is ....
Blackout
Starting out

Post by Blackout »

hi sch... is what exactly? if i select "Single Disk" i still need to create Storage Pools, and loose over 700meg of data space to "something" (i dont know what)...
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

700 MB is the content of one CD-ROM or 0.0116666% of a 6 TB HDD or 0.035 US$ (Price base 299 US$ WD Red 6 TB, storage calculation on Base 2).

I am leaving the ecological calculation of the CO2 footprint of this huge issue to the younger generation.

Oh, you've missed to ask about the some 1.5 GB reserved by the NAS for its system partitions on all internal disks. For swap with its 500+MB, only two of the eight are active, all others are spare. So there are some six (or say five keeping one spare) totalling to 2.5GB almost, too. Same for the firmware and config partitions so blazing 7.5 GB wasted on eight bays.

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”