MAC - share does not exist error

Questions about using NAS on Mac OS.
ocset
New here

MAC - share does not exist error

Post by ocset »

Hi

I have a TS419 NAS with the latest firmware (4.1.2 29/12/2014) installed and out of nowhere, users are getting errors about not being able to connect to the server and "The share does not exist. Please check the name and try again." I have not problems connecting to the NAS via the admin console and viewing files though the File Station. External backup to a USB drive works perfectly.

There are no errors in the log file and the disks are all in good condition.

They all store files/folders under the default "Public" share that was created by the NAS when first installed.

The external backup is done to a WD 2TB drive which some other users on this forum have complained about not working due to a bug. Could it be the external drive causing the issue even though it has been recognised by the NAS and is being used successfully for backup every night?

Any suggestion on how to find the fault or fix the problem. Is it possible to create a new share that points to the Public folder? Why would this be happening?

Thanks
dsmithdewarcom
Easy as a breeze

Re: MAC - share does not exist error

Post by dsmithdewarcom »

Try detaching the external drive and see if that helps (might need to reboot NAS). QNAP's advice for the usb problem is to rollback to previous fw release until they come out with a fix.
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

dsmithdewarcom wrote:Try detaching the external drive and see if that helps (might need to reboot NAS). QNAP's advice for the usb problem is to rollback to previous fw release until they come out with a fix.
QTS 4.1.2 Build 20150126.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
dsmithdewarcom
Easy as a breeze

Post by dsmithdewarcom »

Um, no, IIRC they say to rollback to the 4.1.1 release.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

dsmithdewarcom wrote:Um, no, IIRC they say to rollback to the 4.1.1 release.
QTS 4.1.2 Build 20150126 is out, supposed to address the issues with external HDD (typical WD on USB 3.0).

Return to “Mac OS”