QSYNC is deleting files from local randomly

Questions about using NAS on Mac OS.
jmcleese
First post

QSYNC is deleting files from local randomly

Post by jmcleese »

QSYNC is deleting files from local randomly. It is only newly created files only. They are on the QNAP tho, but I cannot use the restore function as shown in the screenshot. Also I have my network recycle bin enabled and it does work either.

I have TS-269L with firmware version 4.1.1 2014/11/01

See attached, Please help!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
brunoamorim
First post

Re: QSYNC is deleting files from local randomly

Post by brunoamorim »

This is happening to me too! Everytime when i restar my mac qsync delete files from my qsync local folder: http://buro.pt/aCvc but the files remains on the NAS: http://buro.pt/aD1I
P3R
Guru

Re: QSYNC is deleting files from local randomly

Post by P3R »

jmcleese wrote:QSYNC is deleting files from local randomly.
Please search the forum before posting. This issue have already been reported and the community can't help you with this. You should submit a ticket to Qnap.
Also I have my network recycle bin enabled and it does work either.
That's very much expected. Read the documentation: "Note that this feature only supports file deletion via Samba, AFP and QNAP File Station". No mentioning of support for Qsync there.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!

Return to “Mac OS”