CIFS copying of files not working

Questions about using NAS on Mac OS.
fredruj
New here

CIFS copying of files not working

Post by fredruj »

Hi,

I am on latest yosemite, and using a ts-879pro as a file server.
There is no such thing as jumo frames turned on, and I am on a wired network.

I have since a year, moved to use CIFS instead of AFP towards the NAS (since Apple no recommends that protocol instead of AFP).

But I have serious problems with copying from my mac to the nas. The other way around is seldom a problem.

It often stops with saying that one or more of the files I am trying to copy does not exist. Usually this happens when copying large amounts of files, like my itunes lib or my aparture lib.

I am forced to rely on FTP to make it through.

Any suggestions...
pwilson
Guru

Re: CIFS copying of files not working

Post by pwilson »

fredruj wrote:Hi,

I am on latest yosemite, and using a ts-879pro as a file server.
There is no such thing as jumo frames turned on, and I am on a wired network.

I have since a year, moved to use CIFS instead of AFP towards the NAS (since Apple no recommends that protocol instead of AFP).

But I have serious problems with copying from my mac to the nas. The other way around is seldom a problem.

It often stops with saying that one or more of the files I am trying to copy does not exist. Usually this happens when copying large amounts of files, like my itunes lib or my aparture lib.

I am forced to rely on FTP to make it through.

Any suggestions...
Please provide some more information. Please review article: When you're asking a question, please include the following.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
fredruj
New here

Post by fredruj »

OK,
Client OS: 10.10.4
Nas: TS-879pro, 4.1.3 build 20150408
Network: Wired with single port setup

Have had this problem for a long time, during many upgrades of both the mac and the qnap, at least 6 months.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

fredruj wrote:I have since a year, moved to use CIFS instead of AFP towards the NAS (since Apple no recommends that protocol instead of AFP).
No, Apple didn't ... The just changed the default to SMB and accessing Apple servers or workstations.

Still, both protocols are supposed to be workable.

Return to “Mac OS”