AFP Issues Here As Well

Questions about using NAS on Mac OS.
suprajoe
New here

AFP Issues Here As Well

Post by suprajoe »

Just wanted to post so QNAP knows there is someone else with AFP issues. My issues are like all the others. I would like to be able to access my files via AFP, but I have to use FTP all the time. If I use AFP the chances of Finder hanging are very high. Just today alone I had to reboot my Mac Pro twice because of this. I have upgraded the BIOS to 3.2.1, oh I have a TS-419P using EXT4, and this didn't help. I have a mixed network environment with Windows and Macs. If it wasn't for this issue my QNAP would absolutely ROCK!
OnEmAnArMy
Getting the hang of things

Re: AFP Issues Here As Well

Post by OnEmAnArMy »

use SMB instead of FTP.

Then try to upgrade to BETA firmware.. they say it should go this way.

Keep in touch
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

OnEmAnArMy wrote:Then try to upgrade to BETA firmware.. they say it should go this way.
v3.2.1 on TS-x19 sounds like this already is the Beta build 0104 to me...
OnEmAnArMy
Getting the hang of things

Post by OnEmAnArMy »

oh yes, sorry :)

anyway you'd better using SMB instead FTP for mounting in osx...
cktse
New here

Post by cktse »

Count in my vote: AFP on my TS-409 Pro is erratic. It has been working fine since I changed MTU to 1500 based on another post... UNTIL yesterday, when it suddenly for no apparently reason stopped working. I had been mounting AFP using a "poweruser" ID with read/write access to QMultimedia. I still couldn't get it to work from either my MBP or Mac Mini. Both hung (no response) although afpd were spawned on the QNAP when viewed using ssh + ps. It only worked when I logon using Guest! So now I am forced to give read/write access to the Guest account, which is far from ideal. HELP!!!!

Return to “Mac OS”