Qsync and Yosemite

Questions about using NAS on Mac OS.
fitinghoff
New here

Qsync and Yosemite

Post by fitinghoff »

Anyone has any experience so far? What is the official line from Qnap?
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Re: Qsync and Yosemite

Post by doktornotor »

fitinghoff wrote:What is the official line from Qnap?
This is a community forum. :arrow: http://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
jbdimanche
Starting out

Post by jbdimanche »

I am currently using the latest public beta 5 for Yosemite. I have no real problems with Qsync running on it. Well other than the natural slowness of the synching process. Actual transfers are fast.. but when you place a large amount of small to large files, that can take a while to synch. Otherwise it does what it says it does. Actually on Yosemite I have had less problems with Qsync than Dropbox that tends to lock up a lot of times.
jbdimanche
Starting out

Post by jbdimanche »

Just as a follow up on this... I put a folder with several nested folders and small files. Total size 48.6MB on disk.. 3,900 files Qsync took roughly 19 hours to sync up... well.. its STILL syncing. Same folder put into dropbox, uploaded and distributed to all my other computers... 3 minutes. So yeah.. don't waste your time with Qsync for the small stuff. I still use it when I want to sync large Gigabytes of files so that I don't waste my upstream bandwidth. Qsync is fine with small amounts of updates, just not large ones since it seems to sync each file individually, instead of doing some batch transaction. Horrible design
scottlbowen
New here

Post by scottlbowen »

This really blows..... QSync is so slow. I sent a ticket to support several days ago but not getting any reply at all. New to QNap (Is this type of support, or lack thereof typical?)

Has anyone been able to get QSync to do it's job at speeds that make any sense on a GigE LAN? It's pretty much unusable at these speeds.
bunjicat
Getting the hang of things

Post by bunjicat »

3KB/s. Thats the sync speed I am getting on a macbook air over the wireless lan. Obviously been going on for some time since the last post was Oct. 2014.
eyome
New here

Post by eyome »

Hi,

Same here, not even 3kb/sec ~ mostly around 1,5kb/sec.
Did anyone got an answer or helping article to follow up?

Windows machines are working fine.
webleymk3
New here

Post by webleymk3 »

I have Qsync on a windows machine and on a Macbook. The windows machine is perfect. syncs fine every time and relatively quickly.

The Macbook however is a whole different story. I takes forever and a day to connect and when it does it either syncs at snail's pace or simply crashes out, with the application closing without word or comment on an issue. It's pretty unusable and i'm beginning to consider moving to a different solution.

I have tried reinstalling it numerous times but to no avail.
deljones
Know my way around

Post by deljones »

+1 Its rubbish really!
QNAP TS-253B with 2 x 3TB drives, 8gig RAM
Firmware 4.5.1
Running: WordPress, Piwigo, Nextcloud (20 HUB) in VS3
Subsonic & much much more!
jeremybhm
New here

Post by jeremybhm »

Syncthing for the win. Qsync never would sync my files across a GigE LAN. 180K files at around 15GB.

Return to “Mac OS”