Trouble accessing nas remotely using HTTP but HTTPS works OK

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
boundinashes6
New here

Trouble accessing nas remotely using HTTP but HTTPS works OK

Post by boundinashes6 »

Hello, I am able to access my TS-212 NAS remotely using the following link: https://xxxxx.myqnapcloud.com but if i try to use the HTTP version it does not work. I also cannot click on the ITUNES server config page, it is coming up with the same problem webpage not available and i think it has something to do with the HTTP in front of it and my NAS not being able to use HTTP for some reason and only HTTPS.

I have a Linksys E4200 Router with firmware version: 1.0.05

NAS firmware version 4.0.2

Here is a SN my router config and NAS. Anyone have any ideas why I can't access it via HTTP ?

Thanks.
Last edited by boundinashes6 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
pwilson
Guru

Re: Trouble accessing nas remotely using HTTP but HTTPS work

Post by pwilson »

boundinashes6 wrote:Hello, I am able to access my TS-212 NAS remotely using the following link: https://XXXXXXX.myqnapcloud.com but if i try to use the HTTP version it does not work. I also cannot click on the ITUNES server config page, it is coming up with the same problem webpage not available and i think it has something to do with the HTTP in front of it and my NAS not being able to use HTTP for some reason and only HTTPS.

Here is a SN my router config and NAS. Anyone have any ideas why I can't access it via HTTP ?

Thanks.
Typically this happens when the Router and the NAS are both trying to access the same Port numbers.
Have you configured your Router to operate it's WebUI on ports other than 80,443,8080,8081?

By default the WebUI on your router probably operates on these ports.

Also you might want to reconsider posting your FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) to a Public Forum. This is an invitation to hackers to attack you.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
boundinashes6
New here

Post by boundinashes6 »

Thanks for your response / tips, I will try to change its ports if i can and let you know what happens.
boundinashes6
New here

Post by boundinashes6 »

pwilson wrote:
boundinashes6 wrote:Hello, I am able to access my TS-212 NAS remotely using the following link: https://XXXXXXX.myqnapcloud.com but if i try to use the HTTP version it does not work. I also cannot click on the ITUNES server config page, it is coming up with the same problem webpage not available and i think it has something to do with the HTTP in front of it and my NAS not being able to use HTTP for some reason and only HTTPS.

Thanks.
Typically this happens when the Router and the NAS are both trying to access the same Port numbers.
Have you configured your Router to operate it's WebUI on ports other than 80,443,8080,8081?

By default the WebUI on your router probably operates on these ports.

Also you might want to reconsider posting your FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) to a Public Forum. This is an invitation to hackers to attack you.
It seems like i can only set the local managment access port to either HTTP or HTTPS, Does linksys have a way of doing this ?
valles
Starting out

Post by valles »

I have the same problem but in my case, my ISP blocks port 80 access to my home devices from the Internet. Check with your ISP.
boundinashes6 wrote:Hello, I am able to access my TS-212 NAS remotely using the following link: https://xxxxx.myqnapcloud.com but if i try to use the HTTP version it does not work. I also cannot click on the ITUNES server config page, it is coming up with the same problem webpage not available and i think it has something to do with the HTTP in front of it and my NAS not being able to use HTTP for some reason and only HTTPS.

Thanks.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”