Share link only shows 30 items

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
thequickbrownfox
New here

Share link only shows 30 items

Post by thequickbrownfox »

When I use myqnapcloud to share a folder, I get a public link which I can send to my family. I just went on a trip and shared the photos folder with them, but realized that only 30 items show up on the page. There's no paging or "next items" button. Anyone else have this issue or know a fix?

Thanks!
pwilson
Guru

Re: Share link only shows 30 items

Post by pwilson »

thequickbrownfox wrote:When I use myqnapcloud to share a folder, I get a public link which I can send to my family. I just went on a trip and shared the photos folder with them, but realized that only 30 items show up on the page. There's no paging or "next items" button. Anyone else have this issue or know a fix?

Thanks!
Absolutely no useful information included in your post at all. :shock: Impossible to help based on that terse information.

Why not simply setup the FTP server on the NAS, so that they can access any area of your NAS that you give them access to?

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
thequickbrownfox
New here

Well, the useful information was that I used myqnapcloud to share a folder, and the link provided shows the contents of the folder but only 30 items with no scrolling or pagination. I didn't think that my NAS being a TS-212-E /fw 4.1.0 was terribly relevant unless myqnapcloud interacts with directories on QNAP devices differently, but if it makes any difference there it is. It seems like the problem is with myqnapcloud, as it persists through IE/Safari, Firefox, and Chrome in Windows and OSX. Any other information related to the problem that might be helpful?

As far as setting up FTP... you and I can handle FTP. My grandparents have trouble clicking links. So if I can just send them a link where they are prompted for a password that I gave them, it's ever so slightly simpler than providing a username/password and getting a bland directory listing that Firefox would generate. I assume the "share folder" feature was created for a reason, so even if it's not the best solution I figured pointing out a problem might help someone improve it. So yes, FTP a viable workaround (as is using the file/photo/multimedia station or various other photo gallery plugins), but the original issue I asked about still exists and I think it would be helpful to the developers and the community to address it. I'm an enthusiast, but this is a consumer level product and an officially supported feature. If I'm running into issues, I imagine I'm not the only one (but maybe I am... I wouldn't know without asking).

Edit: Forgot that FTP isn't a viable workaround because I can't open ports on the router it's connected to.
And while I'm mentioning problems with myqnapcloud and cloudlink, trying to connect using myqnapcloud.com/cloudlink/{device name} causes all of my browsers to repeatedly refresh the "connecting to" page, showing new keys in the URL every time. The only way I can get it to work properly is to log in to myqnapcloud.com as me, then go to device info/published services and then click the cloudlink connection button. Logging in as another user and searching for my device, the cloudlink option isn't given so all available connection methods fail. Basically, cloudlink isn't even a workaround unless I give out my own login credentials for myqnapcloud.com, and I can't just run services on other ports because those ports will be closed. Getting over the 30 item limitation for folder sharing is still the easiest solution.
yeti42
New here

Post by yeti42 »

I get something similar.

MyQNAPCloud SMartLink connects fine and allows me to log into my NAS. I get to see all of the drives and can log in as any of the users I have set up on the NAS. However when I open any folder with more than 20 sub-folders I only get the first 20 displayed. There is no page down button or vertical scroll bar.

If I change the sort order I can see different folders but again only the first 20.

Same thing happens with files, can only see the first 20.

I have attached a screen shot, there are 450 sub-folders in this folder, music artists, all the way down to ZZ Top. If I change the sort direction I can then see the last 20 inc ZZ Top.

I get the same effect with IE 11 and Chrome.

Anyone any ideas.

BTW the Android apps work fine on my S3 with this service.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Post by doktornotor »

:arrow: http://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

Noone from community will fix obvious defects in QNAP's code design. (Pretty sure the lack of pagination has already been reported for other stuff as well, not just this cloud gimmick.)
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
thequickbrownfox
New here

In response to yeti anyway, when I view shared folders like that, I am eventually able to see all of the items. However, I have to scroll down to the last item before it will load more. For now, maybe if you try shrinking your window so that you get a scroll bar it will trigger it to load the rest of your items.

Do official QNAP support personnel not browse these forums? I can submit a support ticket, but you would think it would make sense to read what kind of problems your customers are having.
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Post by doktornotor »

thequickbrownfox wrote:Do official QNAP support personnel not browse these forums?
Normally, no... Except for Presales (you know, luring new victims. :roll: )
thequickbrownfox wrote:I can submit a support ticket, but you would think it would make sense to read what kind of problems your customers are having.
Yes of couse, however, this thought I'm afraid won't get to the right ears here.
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
yeti42
New here

Post by yeti42 »

Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestion. Shrinking the browser window brings up the scroll bar which stays when you resize it back to big again. This seems to be a simple initialisation bug where the initial screen is taller than 20 lines/entries.

I have put in a bug report.
paulchu

Post by paulchu »

Hi, thanks for all your input and sorry for the troubles caused. We will add some visual hints in our later update of web server software.

Also really appreciate sharing the workarounds.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”