Initial setup. Validated account?

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
sjhiker
Starting out

Initial setup. Validated account?

Post by sjhiker »

I'm running 4.1.0 on a model 659.

I fire up the myqnapcloud application on the 659, and hit "get started" I answer all the questions and can then log into myqnapcloud.com. However, it doesn't list any devices.

If I go back to the nas itself the my ddns/cloud portal does not have the "blue LED light" turned on. If I click on it, it tells me I need to have a validated email account. Am I missing something here? I can log onto myqnapcloud.com but my local nas rejects me. Am I supposed to log onto my NAS with the email address I provided to myqnapcloud?

btw: If in the setup screen I tell it to 'resend the verification email' it says the account is already verified.

I did notice that within the myqnapcloud dialog box, under VPN it says the myqnapcloud service is disabled. If I click the link it takes me back to the main myqnapcloud menu/box and upon trying to click on the ddns/mycloudport icon it again prompts me for the username....

Any ideas?
schumaku
Guru

Re: Initial setup. Validated account?

Post by schumaku »

In myQNAPcloud control panel, sign-out and sign-in again.

or

In myQNAPcloud control panel, sign-out; in the myQNAPcloud.com portal - myDevice - Device Details - unregister. Then re-register the NAS under the same name again - hurry up so your hostname does not get lost.
sjhiker
Starting out

Re: Initial setup. Validated account?

Post by sjhiker »

Not sure what happened today, but when I first logged into the myqnapcloud portal before doing anything else, the same device was registered 3 times. Since I wrote the original forum post, I didn't reboot the NAS nor make any changes. I unregistered the names from the portal and re-ran the 'get started' process and it seems to have worked.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”