ATT 2Wire Router Gateway UPNP Issue

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
thousandbuckle
New here

ATT 2Wire Router Gateway UPNP Issue

Post by thousandbuckle »

Hello all, I have ATT Uverse internet which comes with a 2Wire Gateway/Router. Unfortuneatly it does not support UPNP and never will. What are my options to make the Remote Access Services work? As an example when I try to go to the xxxxx.myqnapcloud.com from the internet I get an error that it can not find the page. I am not sure that changing service provider is an option so I am stuck with the crappy 2Wire Gateway/Router at this time. I want to make full use of the services QNAP provides and need some guidance on how to do it.
pwilson
Guru

Re: ATT 2Wire Router Gateway UPNP Issue

Post by pwilson »

thousandbuckle wrote:Hello all, I have ATT Uverse internet which comes with a 2Wire Gateway/Router. Unfortuneatly it does not support UPNP and never will. What are my options to make the Remote Access Services work? As an example when I try to go to the xxxxx.myqnapcloud.com from the internet I get an error that it can not find the page. I am not sure that changing service provider is an option so I am stuck with the crappy 2Wire Gateway/Router at this time. I want to make full use of the services QNAP provides and need some guidance on how to do it.
You will have to manually configure the Port Forwarding if UPnP doesn't work.

Don't forward 13131. (Telnet is insecure).

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

thousandbuckle wrote:Hello all, I have ATT Uverse internet which comes with a 2Wire Gateway/Router. Unfortuneatly it does not support UPNP and never will. What are my options to make the Remote Access Services work?
Reserve a fixed IP on the LAN for the NAS (or configure statically), manually configure the port forwarding, and double check with ATT that they are not blocking the common Web service ports on your Internet connection under some vague "for your security" arguments.
thousandbuckle wrote:As an example when I try to go to the xxxxx.myqnapcloud.com from the internet I get an error that it can not find the page.
Obvious, as not configured.
thousandbuckle wrote:I am not sure that changing service provider is an option so I am stuck with the crappy 2Wire Gateway/Router at this time.
Unless there are other bundled services requiring this router, you might consider a third party DSL router. Again double check wit ATT.

Regards,
-Kurt.
thousandbuckle
New here

Post by thousandbuckle »

What ports should I open for the xxxxx.myqnapcloud.com to work? I am not sure what service is related to this based on the ports you have described earlier.
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

thousandbuckle wrote:What ports should I open for the xxxxx.myqnapcloud.com to work? I am not sure what service is related to this based on the ports you have described earlier.
You will have to manually configure the Port Forwarding if UPnP doesn't work.

Don't forward 13131. (Telnet is insecure).
You choose which ones to expose to the Internet. All of these will work with " xxxxx.myqnapcloud.com" if you choose to expose them.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
thousandbuckle
New here

Post by thousandbuckle »

Does anyone have a screenshot of what I should see when going to " xxxxx.myqnapcloud.com"? I am not sure what to see when going to this screen to know what ports I need to forward.
Bohatyaor
First post

Post by Bohatyaor »

I am not sure what service is related to this based on the ports you have described earlier.????

logo maker
Last edited by Bohatyaor on Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
scottdavidcarter
Getting the hang of things

Post by scottdavidcarter »

I'm also with UVerse and will likely be going thru this next month when I get home.
Sorry you have issues, but thanks for paving the way!

I had issues with my 2-Wire res-gateway and they swapped it with an Arris NVG599.
Functionally it is the same. I suppose I will be posting here when I run into issues :-0

Scott
Two each QNAP TS-251 with 8GB (Firmware 5.0.1.2277)
- Media/File Server, QVRPro with 7x ReoLink-410 5mp wired security cams, PC & Mac backups

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”