Access QSync folder on myqnapcloud.com as a normal user ?

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
artaliss
First post

Access QSync folder on myqnapcloud.com as a normal user ?

Post by artaliss »

Hi,

I've been searching for this here and on the whole internet without finding the exact answer. Perhaps you'll help me.

I have users who have QSync installed on their laptop, computers or phones.

I'd like to give these users access to their Qsync files on myQNAPcloud with the Web GUI, which I find pretty decent, it does fast and easily what it is advertised for. I do not want to use the app screen wich reroutes to the URL of QTS on my NAS. I just need a bookmark to the NAS URL for that.

I thought when I tried myQNAPCloud that I would get on myQnapCloud the files I put on the QSync folder in windows.

Boy, was I wrong.

The NAS is linked with the QID, and as long as I'm an admin, I can access with a dropbox-like GUI to all the files and all my arborescence, including the .QSync hidden folders. Great. That's what I wanted as an admin.

Apparently, I can't use another QID to access the files with this GUI. If I want the same GUI, I need to use the same QID linked to the NAS.

Now when I log in as user on the same QID, what happens ? I log out of the admin session and relog as the desired user. I have access to the files of this user, but the .QSync folder doesn't appear, even if i click on "show hidden folders and files".

First, I don't understand why I must use the same QID to access files when logged on as another user. It can lead to so many trouble, notably if the admin is still logged on the QID account, or am I wrong somewhere ?

If I use another QID, I (quickly) find the NAS with the search bar. But I'm always redirected on the App page with File Station and QTS Desktop enabled. I can configure the apps I want to display, but no Web GUI available. Doesn't it defeat the whole purpose of the Web GUI on myQNAPCloud ? Namely, easily access the files on the NAS (and especially those on the QSync Folder) with the allowed User Account on a great Web GUI without having to go to File Station at the NAS URL ?

This seems to work the way it is supposed to, but how can I get the same GUI as in Admin mode ? And access to the files on .Qsync ? How this is not the default behaviour of the app ? File Station is pretty great too, but a bit too complicated for lambda users. And especially, it redirects the user on its home folder and not on the QSync. I find it not so ergonomic.

What's your opinion ? And are some things planned on this subject ?
schumaku
Guru

Re: Access QSync folder on myqnapcloud.com as a normal user

Post by schumaku »

Answered just a few posts back -> http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=313&t=102288
mrbubbles
New here

Re: Access QSync folder on myqnapcloud.com as a normal user

Post by mrbubbles »

I agree. I'd love to see my qsync folder when I log into myqnapcloud.com. Seems odd to leave this out.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”