What's New on Version 1.2.2277?

doktornotor
Ask me anything

Re: What's New on Version 1.2.2277?

Post by doktornotor »

:arrow: http://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

Noone knows here, QNAP does not bother with any changelogs/release notes for QPKGs.
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
taytos
Starting out

Post by taytos »

Here are the release notes:

[Bug Fix]
 [49660] After disabling Virtualization Station, the dedicated network in Virtualization Station will be changed to DHCP mode.

[Change log]
 Change version to v1.2
 Support USB connection and add USB Controller in Advanced of VM
 Support VM console local display - QVM ( an application executed in HybridDesk Station)*
 Disable pre-allocation capacity of VM, but the size of virtual disk shown in guest OS is still same with the original size users gave.
 Add a language switch in Virtualization Station landing page
* Please note: HybridDesk Station must be installed and enabled on the NAS. QVM is now available for TS-x51, TS-x53 Pro, SS-x53 Pro and series Turbo NAS, and will soon be available for other models that support Virtualization Station.
wilsodg
Know my way around

Post by wilsodg »

The USB controller is interesting. I looked at the VM config but it seems that whilst you can enable the USB support, it is all-or-nothing?
Is there a way to map a particular port id to a VM? At the moment I am using VirtualHereUSB which actually seems to perform very well, but I was wondering if something built under the covers of the VM might be better (not that VHUSB is bad - but I did have one failure in the last 2 months).

Any info on how this works?
TVS-872XT with TR-004 and D800C
TS670Pro with UX500-P expansion
TS569Pro
taytos
Starting out

Post by taytos »

Once you enable it you can go back to the summary of your VM and you will see a new option at the bottom, illustrated in the screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vye3ovmm3b3oi ... 5.png?dl=0

Not actually used it yet, just noticed that it added it.
linuxius
Starting out

Post by linuxius »

Has the link been removed? I can only find version 1.1.2088. I was planning on adding usb support the virsh way, but this is a more promising solution.
psikey
Been there, done that

Post by psikey »

Same, I just looked for it too. Can you point me to the download link ?? I'm needing USB support in the VM's
psikey
Been there, done that

Post by psikey »

crazyx wrote:Try again... there is a version 1.2.2312 for download. May you can post then the change log ;-)
Thanks, no change log I can find.

Does your Win8 Virtual machine show COM ports & a PCI with driver issues? Why does it show COM ports anyway? USB now showing so I will try that out tonight.
psikey
Been there, done that

Post by psikey »

Well it recognised a USB stick I tried but wouldn't recognise a connected iPhone.

The iPhone does show as a device to connect to in the QNAP Advanced config. area but it doesn't register at all in the Win8.1Pro VM. I do have drivers installed but it doesn't even show as an unidentified device :(

VirtualHere App would show the iPhone but not recognise it for USB Tethering
taytos
Starting out

Post by taytos »

Change Log for QVS_1.2v2312_x86_20140926

[Change log]
 Support displaying VM console via HDMI output screen - throughout QVM ( an application executed in HybridDesk Station)*
 Remove the option [HTML5 Console] in QVM Setting page of Preference.
 If user has upgraded the previous version (1.2 v2277) and did not check the option [HTML5 Console] then upgrading to 1.2 v2312, they need to restart the selected VMs from QVM Setting to re-attach the HTML5 Console available. A message is also provided when users want to click VM’s console button including in the Overview page and VM information page.
 Support higher resolutions for Windows 8 with 1280*720, 1280*1024, 1440*900, 1680*1050, 1920*1080

[Know Issues]
 When VM is accessed by QVM and HTML5, the cursor will become a block rectangle.
 The Linux distribution Ubuntu may well not be shutdown properly when setting to QVM used.
 When VM is setup to QVM used, the Ubuntu distribution cannot be used in “Try Ubuntu” but “Install Ubuntu”.

* Please note: HybridDesk Station must be installed and enabled on the NAS. QVM is now available for TS-x51, TS-x53 Pro, SS-x53 Pro and series Turbo NAS, and will soon be available for other models that support Virtualization Station.
psikey
Been there, done that

Post by psikey »

A USB WiFI dongle can be used as USB pass-through to the VM and worked fine (but you then loose it for the NAS itself).
chahroun
Starting out

Post by chahroun »

Has anybody been able to use a USB wifi for the VM? It is configured as WLAN 1 but I doesn't show in VS 1.2.2312, only Ethernet 1 and 2 show. I want to keep the wired for the NAS and dedicate the WIFI to the VM. Is that possible? Also has anybody tried win 10 preview VM, it seems pretty sluggish when with 4GB RAM assigned to it. Also is looks pretty much like win 8.1, not sure why MS is calling win 10(actually I know, it is just a rhetorical question,) it is barely 8.2 :-) But I digress... Any ideas on the WIFI for the VM?
chahroun
Starting out

Post by chahroun »

I still have no luck with it. It could be because the TS-253Pro only has 3 USB3.0 ports and no USB 2.0 ports. Seems the VM checkbox says specifically USB2.0, so my guess is that USB3.0 is still not supported(and doesn't work) with the Qnap VM. I tried a USB3.0 pen drive and the VM still doesn't see it(The NAS sees it fine)... So my guess, since others seems to have it working, that it is a USB 3.0(my WIFI stick is also USB 3) vs USB 2.0... Is there a screen in qnap to make the USB 3 ports act like USB 2?
Thanks,
Nick.

Return to “Virtualization Station”