Multiple apache_proxy and apache_proxys

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
caparelli
New here

Multiple apache_proxy and apache_proxys

Post by caparelli »

Tried the QNAP Gmail backup app, without success. It would go to around 10%, freeze for a while and then start over from 0% again and again.
After I removed the app, I noticed that memory usage was nearly double of what it used to be. Process list in the resource monitor show more than a dozen apache_proxy and several apache_proxys processes, that were not there before. Tried reinstalling/removing gmail app, and restarting apache, without success. Any idea how I can remove these processes?

Thanks!
caparelli
New here

Re: Multiple apache_proxy and apache_proxys

Post by caparelli »

I also noticed the python process (a pre-requisite for the gmail app) is still working, even though I removed it and rebooted the nas. Is there a way to manually remove these? I cant find any documentation
smitty123

Post by smitty123 »

same here, lots of apache proxy all around 2mb for what purpose ?

i turned off the web server and rebooted the nas, they still appear in ram.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

smitty123 wrote:same here, lots of apache proxy all around 2mb for what purpose ?
QNAP QTS does make use of Apache proxies to integrate various GUI features and functionalities.
smitty123 wrote:i turned off the web server and rebooted the nas, they still appear in ram.
Of course, these are required for QTS desktop operations, for Mobile App access, ...
smitty123

Post by smitty123 »

thanks for the info, but since i donc use mobile apps except rarely the qmanager and that's only to reboot the nas if need be, is there a need for these processes and if not how do i recup wasted ram?

i have 256mb of ram and with the latest update of qts 414 i have less ram free than before (168mb used vs ~130mb before).

is qmariadb and php really necessary or can i remove those apps on 4.1.4 04082015?

i've already reverted twonky back to 7 from 8 (app) and it uses much less cpu&ram , when qts gets updated to 4.2 i hope these apps won't replace the older integrated code that works fine on smaller nases like my ts-212. qnap needs to consider the lower resources availability in older nas as well.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Any App Center installed stuff can be removed if you don't want it - but I guess this is not what you are talking about. The firmware integrated MariaDB is used for the Media Library - probably for other purposes, and PHP is used more and more by QNAP - so again, you can disable features you don't' want. This wont "remove" php or MariaDB however.

I doubt QNAP will do much towards saving memory on these small NAS - much more, you will find that many of thee NAS won't see any major updates after QTS 4.2 anymore.

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”