WebDAV broken since 4.1.2 - QNAP Support doesnt investigate?

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
nixxzn
New here

WebDAV broken since 4.1.2 - QNAP Support doesnt investigate?

Post by nixxzn »

Hello,

on my QNAP TS-459 PRO II my WebDAV configuration works since 2 years without any problems. I'm using WebDAV with a self signed certificate to access the share with a Windows 7 mapped WebDAV network drive as well as other Android Apps.
Since Firmware 4.1.2 there is an issue that my TS doesn't respond after a few initial request. For example the directory listing of the first 2 request work, every further request doesn't get a response from the server (Android App "X-Plore" says "Read timed out").

Support history:
On 08.02.2015 I've opened a ticket at QNAP regarding this issue (YEK-195-90263), after several mails my patience is about to run out.
First answer of the support: I should just check every new firmware because it is a firmware bug. It is forwarded to the Engineering.
So I checked every firmware update since 4.1.1 (4 new firmware) and downgraded after each test, because it's still not fixed.

In march I asked again (a few times - sometimes not getting an answer) about the status of this bug:
Support answered: There doesn't exist a firmware bug (?!?), I should do a advanced system reset.
I've done it and wasted more of my time again (what a surprise)... It is very simple to reproduce this error, I've sent a step by step procedure to the support. Nothing happend again, no anwser in 3 weeks.
Again I asked the support about the actual status of my incident and whether the support does any analysis? Why I'm not asked about any log files? Any apache configuration tests?

The answer was: There is no firmware bug, I could get a RMA, perhaps it's a hardware defect.
A hardware defect?!? The feature is working with firmware 4.1.1 actually!

Please help, I'm stuck to FW 4.1.1 and can't do any (security) updates because the WebDAV feature is broken starting with 4.1.2 and I need this feature strongly.
bugyou3
Know my way around

Re: WebDAV broken since 4.1.2 - QNAP Support doesnt investig

Post by bugyou3 »

RMA it and get another brand. You paid a huge price premium for "support" you are not getting and software that is basically rotten outdated junk.
Qnap Community Forums - No spam and no idiots in charge. Move now!
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Get various results when testing WebDAV against legacy ARM (x12, x19, ...), legacy Intel (x39, x59, 509, ...), current ARM (x31/x31+), or Intel (x79/x51/x53, ...) - for simplicity using OS X FInder, https connections (all on the default 8081), with factory default, self signed, or "real" certificates, ... with WebDAV or shared folder access rights. If it kind of connects (sometimes it does not at all), it takes forever to list a shared folder, a subfolder, ... sometimes it never shows any files. All QTS 4.1.3 20150313.
bendsch
Know my way around

Post by bendsch »

sam issue here on my ts-51. with 4.1.2 webdav seemed completely broken - now with 4.1.3 it "just" seems to crash now and then.

cheers, bendsch.
NASmodesl: TS-459 Pro+ , TS-251
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Definitively not a hardware issue - I'm aware QNAP has fixed this issue since the 4.1.3 20150313 build.

@bendsch, Contact me by Skype chat please.

Regards,
-Kurt.
nixxzn
New here

Post by nixxzn »

There were a lot of fixes regarding the WebDav issues on Mac clients in firmware 4.1.3 build 0408. I will check the update next week whether also my Windows 7 problems are gone...
nixxzn
New here

Post by nixxzn »

Unbelievable, but QNAP can do it: Fix my "hardware defect" with a firmware update (4.1.3 build 0408)... :evil:
Conclusion: The support wasn't helpful at all...

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”