[HELP] tale of 2 perls & RRDs.pm & chroot

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
stevedh
Know my way around

[HELP] tale of 2 perls & RRDs.pm & chroot

Post by stevedh »

I'm trying to use RRDs.pm (well routers2 is)

I installed it via ipkg
It works fine in chroot using the chrooted version of perl
outside chroot I get a undefined symbol: PL_sv_undef which reseach has told me I'm trying to run a single threaded app under a multi threaded perl. so although both my perls are 5.8.8 they seem incompatable with each other.
the chroot one I got via ipkg, I'm not sure where the other one came from, I thought I got it via QPKG, but I can't see it there anymore.
if I use #!/opt/bin/perl instead of #!/usr/bin/perl I get a Segmentation fault
it looks like a library mismatch with my run time libraries, my ipkg's are mostly 2.3.6 and my roots are 2.3.4

if I do a LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/share/HDA_DATA/optware/lib
I get a
libc.so.6: cannot handle TLS data

however if I use a symlink to make the /lib directory point to /share/HDA_DATA/optware/lib then it works fine ,until other strange things start to happen so not really a permanent solution.

I'm not sure why a symlink should work and LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/share/HDA_DATA/optware/lib doesn't

Ideally I'd like to run the cgi script that accesses RRDs.pm in the chroot environment, but I'm not sure how to do that.
I've seen that someone installed slimserver into the chroot. but it would be nice if something could be done using the existing Apache server. Also I assume the QPKG version of slimserver isn't going to install into chroot.

alternatively is there any way of upgrading the roots libraries from 2.3.4 to 2.3.6 and would they then be compatable with the chrooted ones?

any help greatly appreciated.
thanks
Steve
TS-109 II -- Version 3.3.1 Build 0823T
TS-219P -- Version 4.3.3.0663 Build 2018/08/29
TS-253D -- Version 5.0.0.1850
stevedh
Know my way around

Re: [HELP] tale of 2 perls & RRDs.pm & chroot

Post by stevedh »

Hi, just to let you know I solved it by installing another instance of apache from ipkg into chroot and everything now works nicely.
I now have both router2 & 14forAll displaying snmp data for both my qnap and router via MRTG and RRDtool.
I'm now looking at Cacti which looks quite interesting.
Steve
TS-109 II -- Version 3.3.1 Build 0823T
TS-219P -- Version 4.3.3.0663 Build 2018/08/29
TS-253D -- Version 5.0.0.1850

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”