[HELP] How to get joomla to load from internet? (solved)

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
steini
New here

[HELP] How to get joomla to load from internet? (solved)

Post by steini »

I have installed joomla, and created my home page. The webserver is activated, port opened in router and my domainname routed to the nas. (I have succesfully set up, and used the ftp server earlier, so its not the port forwarding thats the problem.)
Anyway, when I write my domainname, (http://xxxxxxxx.xx ) I just get to this side:
I have searched the forumsites, seen the howto's, but I didnt get much wiser. I usually get things to work if I got a guide to follow, as long as it doesnt involve modyfing lots of files, such as ini etc. I Have no eksperience with programing what so ever...

So, is there anyone here that knows what i must do to get joomla to load sucsessfully on my nas? Maybe a step by step instruction? I would like to think I'm not so far away from getting it to work, but i could be wrong. Very wrong... :?

Thanks...

-steini-
Last edited by steini on Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
wutz
Starting out

Re: How to get joomla to load from internet?

Post by wutz »

The screenshot is the page at Qweb/

Try to call
http://xxxxxxxx.xx/Joomla
because the Joomla Pages are located in Qweb/Joomla/

Hope it works...
Frank
TS-119: WD20EARS Caviar 2000GByte, Q-Raid1: eSATA WD20EARS Caviar 2000GByte
steini
New here

Post by steini »

wutz wrote:The screenshot is the page at Qweb/

Try to call
http://xxxxxxxx.xx/Joomla
because the Joomla Pages are located in Qweb/Joomla/

Hope it works...
Frank

hmmm... It actually worked when I tried that just now, but it didnt earlier... WTF!
-
-
figured it out just now...
..I think I just forgot capital J :oops: embarasing...
crap :evil:
never mind then, my bad, my bad... :lol:

thanks again
fribse
Experience counts

Post by fribse »

If you want it to work without the /Joomla, just move it with Putty.
Best regards
Fribse

NO, RAID is NOT backup - Use RAID-Certified 24x7 drives for raid
HOWTO's:
Make automatic backup of ALL MySQL databases http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15628

NAS-659 Pro II (3 GB Ram), Raid1, Survailance station, local backup destination + NAS-853A (16 GB Ram), Virtualization Station, Plex, iDrive
Network: Fritz!Box 7560 + 24p SG200 + 2x8p SG200 + 8p POE EdgeCore + 300/300 mbit Internet
steini
New here

Post by steini »

fribse wrote:If you want it to work without the /Joomla, just move it with Putty.

Yes, that would be great. What exactly do I do then?
fribse
Experience counts

Post by fribse »

Ok, how much do you want to change the setup?
The easiest thing is to just load Putty and connect to the NAS with SSH (remember to activate SSH on the NAS).
Login with admin and the password
cd /share/Qweb/Joomla
mv * ../

With this method the QPKG system won't work with updating the Joomla (which I would recommend updating manually anyways, with the standard update packages from Joomla.org).

A more advanced way is to create you own apache config (alter the original one), so that document root is pointing to /share/Qweb/Joomla, try and search the forums for customized.conf I've written a few articles explaining a way to use virtualhosts on apache, each in their seperate directory under Qweb.
Best regards
Fribse

HOWTO's:
Make automatic backup of ALL MySQL databases http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15628

NAS-659 Pro II (3 GB Ram), Raid1, Survailance station, local backup destination + NAS-853A (16 GB Ram), Virtualization Station, Plex, iDrive
Network: Fritz!Box 7560 + 24p SG200 + 2x8p SG200 + 8p POE EdgeCore + 300/300 mbit Internet
steini
New here

Post by steini »

fribse wrote:Ok, how much do you want to change the setup?
The easiest thing is to just load Putty and connect to the NAS with SSH (remember to activate SSH on the NAS).
Login with admin and the password
cd /share/Qweb/Joomla
mv * ../

With this method the QPKG system won't work with updating the Joomla (which I would recommend updating manually anyways, with the standard update packages from Joomla.org).

A more advanced way is to create you own apache config (alter the original one), so that document root is pointing to /share/Qweb/Joomla, try and search the forums for customized.conf I've written a few articles explaining a way to use virtualhosts on apache, each in their seperate directory under Qweb.
I have altered the conf. file, so I dont need the / after mydomain/Joomla anymore. But after hours of reading yours and others howto's, and trying it out, I just cant make it load without /Joomla. :(

I only have one website, and that is located in qweb/Joomla. Will this info help for a command to help me alter my apache config?
thanks again :)

-
-

Please help :?
fribse
Experience counts

Re: [HELP] How to get joomla to load from internet?

Post by fribse »

Ok, I will recommend you to use my approach with a customized.conf
This way, even if you screw up everything, you can still get back to square one and start over :wink:

I haven't tested it, but I would think customized.conf should look something like this:

Code: Select all

ServerAdmin webmaster@yourdomain.com
ServerName www.yourdomain.com
DocumentRoot "/share/Qweb/Joomla"
<Directory />
		Order Deny,Allow
    Deny from all
</Directory>
<Directory "/share/Qweb/Joomla">
		Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews
		AllowOverride None
		Order allow,deny
		Allow from all
</Directory>
ServerSignature Off
ServerTokens Prod
Save the file to your /share/Qweb as customized.conf
Then alter the /etc/config/apache/apache.conf by adding this line as the last line:

include /share/Qweb/customized.conf
Remember that linux is case sensitive, so unless the system are using capitals, you shouldn't either.

This will get you to use the /Joomla dir as root (remember to clear you webbrowsers cache).

When you get that working, I would then add something like this to the customized.conf

<Directory "/share/Qweb/Joomla/administrator">
	Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews
	Order allow,deny
	Allow from 192.168.0.0/24
	Allow from 192.168.1.0/24
</Directory>
Where 192.168.0.x or 192.168.1.x is you LAN segment.
This will limit the access to the administration of Joomla by IP (not the most secure, but the quickest thing to set up).

If you wish to have access to phpMyAdmin or Ajaxplorer or something like this, you can either add 'Directory' and 'Alias' statements to the config, or you can create a softlink (ln -s) to have the phpMyAdmin/Ajaxplorer directory displayed under /Joomla, but that's a bit more advanced :-)
Best regards
Fribse

HOWTO's:

steini
New here

Re: [HELP] How to get joomla to load from internet?

Post by steini »

Thank you SO much mr :D

You just made my day :lol:

Now it worked on the first go. Thanks again...

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”