[Problem] with PHP version (I think)

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
Joebar16
Starting out

[Problem] with PHP version (I think)

Post by Joebar16 »

Hi there,

I encounter some difficulties with an extension of Joomla! 1.5.9 I use with PhocaGallery 2.1.0 to manage photo albums. The different sites were created, tested with Wampserver XP and work perfectly.

When I bought the TS-509 Pro, the firmware was 2.0.3 Build 081111. I followed the updates to the latest version.
I remember having created albums before the latest updates without problems.

Now, impossible to create new albums. The function of thumbnail creation does not work anymore ... :shock:
Of course, I immediately thought of an incompatibility with other extensions, updates of components,IE, Firefox etc ...
I switched the site Wampserver to test it again and it works!
I use the Wampserver version with Apache 2.2.8, Php 5.2.5 with GD library 2.1.9 and MySQL 5.0.51a.
I have backups of sites that were functional, I get the same mistake on my TS-509... :shock:

For information, the latest firmware on my QNAP: Apache 2.2.6, Php 5.2.8 with GD library 2.3.5 and MySQL 5.0.45 (67?)

All issues revolve around the functions getimagesize and imagecreatefromjpeg. I know that the function getimagesize does not use the GD library.

I have strong doubts that one of the last firmware cause me this problem.
Someone uses this extension of Joomla?
Does anyone had a similar problem?

The firmware was it installed incorrectly? Odd that it only affects that party there! :?:

I hope the future firmware resolve this problem !

Thank's in advance for your answers.

Joebar16
An enthusiastic user!
===========================================================
TS 509 Pro firmware Version 3.2.6 build 0423
Raid5 3 WD Caviar Black WD1001FALS in EXT4 + Hot spare Disk WD Caviar Black WD1001FALS
SqueezeBox Duet with squeezeBoxServer 7.5.0, SSOTS 4.8
PhpMyAdmin 3.20
Joomla! 1.5.15
Worpress 2.9.2
AjaXplorer 2.5.5

fribse
Experience counts

Re: [Problem] with PHP version (I think)

Post by fribse »

What does the phpinfo command give you of information?
I'm using Coppermine Gallery here on a TS-639, and it creates the thumbnails just fine.
I know that the coppermine had problems with my olympus camera and extracting exif data from the image (the olympus plugin was broken), but I'm not aware of other issues.
This is 2.1.0 Build 1210T

The top gives:
PHP Version 5.2.5

System Linux Nas639 2.6.24 #1 SMP Wed Dec 10 12:24:58 CST 2008 i686
Build Date Dec 10 2008 02:46:26
Configure Command ' ./configure' ' --prefix=/root/ts/NasX86/Model/TS-509/../../NasMgmt/HTTP/php5' ' --with-config-file-path=/etc/config/php.ini' ' --with-config-file-scan-dir' ' --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs' ' --enable-ftp' ' --enable-sockets' ' --with-gettext' ' --with-zlib' ' --with-jpeg-dir' ' --with-png-dir' ' --with-gd' ' --with-freetype-dir' ' --enable-gd-native-ttf' ' --enable-mbstring' ' --with-openssl-dir' ' --with-libxml-dir' ' --enable-sqlite-utf8' ' --with-mysql=/opt/cross-project/x86/sys-root' ' --enable-shared' ' --with-mcrypt' ' --enable-zend-multibyte'
Server API Apache 2.0 Handler

Under GD I see:
GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
FreeType Support enabled
FreeType Linkage with freetype
FreeType Version 2.3.5
GIF Read Support enabled
GIF Create Support enabled
JPG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled
XBM Support enabled
Best regards
Fribse

NO, RAID is NOT backup - Use RAID-Certified 24x7 drives for raid
HOWTO's:
Make automatic backup of ALL MySQL databases http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15628

NAS-659 Pro II (3 GB Ram), Raid1, Survailance station, local backup destination + NAS-853A (16 GB Ram), Virtualization Station, Plex, iDrive
Network: Fritz!Box 7560 + 24p SG200 + 2x8p SG200 + 8p POE EdgeCore + 300/300 mbit Internet
mr_hyde
Easy as a breeze

Post by mr_hyde »

Hi,

i have the 439 with the 0122 Firmware. Also for me it seems to be that there might be a problem with php. Even simple scripts are not working. First i thought, there is a problem with swisscenter, since there are no thumbs generated, but now i believe, that the php version is not working correctly within html files.

even this simple script is not working: the php part is not interpreted

Code: Select all

<html>
  <head>
    <title>HTML u. PHP</title>
  </head>
  <body>
    <?php echo "PHP heisst Sie herzlich willkommen!"; ?>
  </body>
</html>
phpinfo command in a file with php extension works.

PHP info says 5.2.8
System Linux NAS-439 2.6.24 #1 SMP Thu Jan 22 00:50:52 CST 2009 i686
Build Date Jan 21 2009 02:50:14
Configure Command './configure' '--prefix=/root/ts/NasX86/Model/TS-509/../../NasMgmt/HTTP/php5' '--with-config-file-path=/etc/config/php.ini' '--with-config-file-scan-dir' '--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-sockets' '--with-gettext' '--with-zlib' '--with-jpeg-dir' '--with-png-dir' '--with-gd' '--with-freetype-dir' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-mbstring' '--with-openssl-dir' '--with-libxml-dir' '--enable-sqlite-utf8' '--with-mysql=/opt/cross-project/x86/sys-root/usr' '--enable-shared' '--with-mcrypt' '--enable-zend-multibyte' '--with-iconv=/opt/cross-project/x86/sys-root/usr' '--enable-exif' '--with-pdo-mysql=/opt/cross-project/x86/sys-root/usr' '--with-curl' '--with-curlwrappers' '--with-xsl=/opt/cross-project/x86/sys-root/usr'
QNAP TS-453A
4 * Hitachi 3 TB HDD (RAID 5)
FW: 4.5.1 1540
Joebar16
Starting out

Post by Joebar16 »

Thank you for your quick answers guys!

Here is my current configuration:

System Linux 2.6.24 #2 SMP Thu Jan 22 18:58:04 CST 2009 i686
Build Date Jan 21 2009 02:50:14
Configure Command './configure' '--prefix=/root/ts/NasX86/Model/TS-509/../../NasMgmt/HTTP/php5' '--with-config-file-path=/etc/config/php.ini' '--with-config-file-scan-dir' '--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-sockets' '--with-gettext' '--with-zlib' '--with-jpeg-dir' '--with-png-dir' '--with-gd' '--with-freetype-dir' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-mbstring' '--with-openssl-dir' '--with-libxml-dir' '--enable-sqlite-utf8' '--with-mysql=/opt/cross-project/x86/sys-root/usr' '--enable-shared' '--with-mcrypt' '--enable-zend-multibyte' '--with-iconv=/opt/cross-project/x86/sys-root/usr' '--enable-exif' '--with-pdo-mysql=/opt/cross-project/x86/sys-root/usr' '--with-curl' '--with-curlwrappers' '--with-xsl=/opt/cross-project/x86/sys-root/usr'

I see you have some compatibility problems with PHP ... :(

Mr_hyde, for me this model of script works fine.

It may be that I look in the code component of an error. It does perhaps not the standard php.

For now, I will try to level the local server to see if Wampserver I reproduce this error.

Php.ini seems to be the same between Wampserver and the integrated TS-509.But the reactions are different! :lol:

I do not have the sufficient level to know immediately or comes to the problem.
When I perform the test with the same platform, I hope I could give you answers.

Thank you again,

PS to fribse: I went to see coppermine gallery. This changes the gallery native QNAP! I think I will try the latest installation to see the possibilities of the beast!
Raid5 3 WD Caviar Black WD1001FALS in EXT4 + Hot spare Disk WD Caviar Black WD1001FALS
PhpMyAdmin 3.20
Joomla! 1.5.15
Worpress 2.9.2
AjaXplorer 2.5.5

mr_hyde
Easy as a breeze

Post by mr_hyde »

Hi,

the strange thing is that i store the file as test.php and it does work

When i look for the pagesourcedode from firefox it looks like:

<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
PHP heisst Sie herzlich willkommen!                </body>
</html>
That means to me, that the php script was interpreted.

When it is called test.html, the code looks like:
----------------------------------------------------
<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<?php
echo "PHP heisst Sie herzlich willkommen!";
?>

</body>
</html>
-----------------------------------------------------
Which means, that the php code is not interpreted within html

Is there something wrong. I thought, that i can start php scripts within html with <?php ...... ?>
QNAP TS-453A
Joebar16
Starting out

Post by Joebar16 »

Hi,

Mr-hyde, I think perhaps the difference is that you seek this :

HTML is a language for describing pages. It allows for wholesale lay out your Web pages. those will be static, ie that the browser will display your customer as you have made (with javascript,etc...)

PHP is a scripting language. It runs the server side (with variables, scripts, access a database). Your pages are dynamic, ie they appear as the result of the interpretation of PHP by the server. :wink:

So for me html can not handle <? Php ...?>
By php file against a natural integration of HTML with the difference that it will not appeal to the server for interpretation.

QNAP products are ideally suited to handle php pages with Apache (the server), php (language) and MySQL (database) and more...

While this may be useful.

Regards

Joebar16
PhpMyAdmin 3.20
Joomla! 1.5.15
Worpress 2.9.2
AjaXplorer 2.5.5

mr_hyde
Easy as a breeze

Post by mr_hyde »

Hi Joebaer16,

shame on me :-(. I also realized, that i have to use the php extension and the simple php scipts are working.

Nevertheless, i see also problems with image handling of php on the 439 (i opened another thread in this subforum). While the script works perfectly on the 409, it does not work on the 439. Since the actual FW is the initial one for the 439, i can't downgrade.
QNAP TS-453A
ApacheSwiss
Know my way around

Post by ApacheSwiss »

Joebar16 wrote:Hi,

Mr-hyde, I think perhaps the difference is that you seek this :

HTML is a language for describing pages. It allows for wholesale lay out your Web pages. those will be static, ie that the browser will display your customer as you have made (with javascript,etc...)

PHP is a scripting language. It runs the server side (with variables, scripts, access a database). Your pages are dynamic, ie they appear as the result of the interpretation of PHP by the server. :wink:

So for me html can not handle <? Php ...?>
By php file against a natural integration of HTML with the difference that it will not appeal to the server for interpretation.

QNAP products are ideally suited to handle php pages with Apache (the server), php (language) and MySQL (database) and more...

While this may be useful.

Regards

Joebar16

if you put php in an html file, it won't be interpreted, because in the apache conf file.
you can see:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php4 .php3 .phtml

with this... apache will send to php module the file ".php4, .php3, .php, .phtml"... all other file won't be interpreted.
SETUP:
- QNAP TS-119 Version 4.1 RC
AndyChuo
Experience counts

Post by AndyChuo »

Guys so is this solved yet?

Andy
=============================================================>>>
TS-659-Pro [RAID6] rtorrent+SABnzbdplus+SickBeard+Couchpotato [Best PVR] Plex+PMS [Ultimate Streamer]
Apple iPad [Best Tablet] HTC One M8 [Mobile Phone] Samsung UA46ES6100 [My Screen] KRK Rokit 6 [Audio Speakers]
Chrome Cast [Screen Casting] Philips Hue [Personal Lighing]
Buffalo WZR-1750DHP [My Wifi Hub] D-Link DGS-1005D [Gbit Network]
=============================================================>>>
Joebar16
Starting out

Post by Joebar16 »

Hi Andy,

Sorry, but the problem persists ... :cry:

I'm doing a test on Wampserver version with apache, php and MySQL equivalent or superior.
For now, the same errors appear, but only on the NAS. I'm quite bothered with this. I do not currently intend to differences between the 2 versions (local and server).

Perhaps you already have users faced with similar problems?

What is annoying is that it worked! Unfortunately, I have not tested this function with the evolution of the firmware ...

I guess that the version of firmware is concerned. Is there some limitations between the "general" and adapted versions QNAP products? :shock:

Can I revert to a previous firmware for testing without risk? :?:

PS: I went on the forum component PhocaGallery <br> people face such problems but in general because of the limitations imposed by the host (eg CHMOD), which is not my case.

I still look for a solution ... :D

Regards

Joebar16
PhpMyAdmin 3.20
Joomla! 1.5.15
Worpress 2.9.2
AjaXplorer 2.5.5

mr_hyde
Easy as a breeze

Post by mr_hyde »

QNAPAndy wrote:Guys so is this solved yet?

Andy
Hi andy,

no. Standard php is working, but the gd library is not. functions like imagecreatefromjpeg are not working. I installed apache,php,php-gd.... via ipkg and configured the apache of the firmware to use the ipkg php version -> everything is working as expected.

It is only a problem on my 439 (actual stable fw), while it is working on the 409

I have posted that in another thread in the 439 FW forum.
QNAP TS-453A

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”