Is there a way to get AMPACHE to work on TS-420?

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
Phantomias
New here

Is there a way to get AMPACHE to work on TS-420?

Post by Phantomias »

Hi everyone,

my new TS-420 is online and I wanted to use the MUSIC STATION. But there is no download für MP3??
So I tried to install the AMPACHE script.
But when I start the installer, I only get a white side.
If I restart the webserver on the TS-420, one step of the installer is shown up. Next step is another white side.

So I activated the error messages in the php.ini. Then I get the error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined function H tlocale() in /share/MD0_DATA/Web/musik/lib/i18n.php on line 35
When I look at line of the code, I can se this:

Code: Select all

T_setlocale(LC_MESSAGES, $locale);
Bu all these things don't help me because I'm a absolutely newbie!
So is there way to get this script working?

THX for your help!
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Re: Is there a way to get AMPACHE to work on TS-420?

Post by doktornotor »

Eh??? There are about 20 apps for various streaming, playing, DLNA, and whatnot. Why exactly do we need yet another one? :roll: If you want to download something, then use File Station or normal file shares with SMB, AFP, FTP... Sigh.
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
Phantomias
New here

Post by Phantomias »

Thx for this.
But I want to use this script!
I don't need any of these tools.

I need a webplayer where I can make playlists and download my songs!

Or is there a tool available like MUSIC STATION but with download?
Phantomias
New here

Post by Phantomias »

Really no one who can help to get this script running??
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

Phantomias wrote:Really no one who can help to get this script running??
Looks like it is much more than just a script. It looks like a complete package of software, that will require extensive modification to work in a QNAP environment. How much are you offering in renumeration for the probably massive effort required?

What does AMPACHE provide that all the numerous existing options on the NAS don't offer? If you want to find a "volunteer" for this effort, perhaps you could explain what benefits this AMPACHE product offers over all the other options already available. If you want to find a "professional programmer" for this, then providing a rate of renumeration might encourage people to inquire further about helping you.

BTW, I tried to install it on my Intel-based TS-470 just for fun, and I couldn't even get any output from the install.php file, so I'm not surprised it presented challenges for your non-Intel-based NAS. The NAS does contain PHP 5.3 or better, but most of the required PHP modules are not included in the Firmware. I'm not a PHP programmer, so this is not a job for me.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
Phantomias
New here

Post by Phantomias »

Hi pwilson,

and thanks for help.
That is exactly what I thought....MISSING SCRIPTS, LIBRARIES and so on.

So I'm looking for a tool or a app like MUSIC STATION. But I need the options, to download a file via this app.
And it should be a little bit faster. I have abaout 75000 mp3 files. An when I search for one file, it take a long time to find it.

AMPACHE works with MySQL and everything is working well with search and find.

But I can't find a app like MUSIC STATION with download :(

Any ideas??
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

Phantomias wrote:Hi pwilson,

and thanks for help.
That is exactly what I thought....MISSING SCRIPTS, LIBRARIES and so on.

So I'm looking for a tool or a app like MUSIC STATION. But I need the options, to download a file via this app.
And it should be a little bit faster. I have abaout 75000 mp3 files. An when I search for one file, it take a long time to find it.

AMPACHE works with MySQL and everything is working well with search and find.

But I can't find a app like MUSIC STATION with download :(

Any ideas??
I personally don't understand using any NAS App for downloading anything, including Music. But if you want to download files via a Web interface, File Station should do the job, or QFile is you want to do this on an Android, iOS, Windows8 phone/tablet devices.

Personally I'd simply use Windows Explorer (Windows), File-Roller (Mac/Linux), or Nautilus/Dolphin (Linux) to copy music to/from my NAS. (I'm a Linux user, so I typically use Nautilus).

When I want to actually play my Music on my AV-Receiver, I typically use QMusic on my Android to stream music directly from my NAS to my Receiver, but control it from my cellphone. Have you checked out all of QNAP's Mobile Apps?

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Phantomias wrote:AMPACHE works with MySQL and everything is working well with search and find.
QNAP Music Station does build indices on artists, album, genre, title, ... and is based on MariaDB. No doubts, to build the indices (and potentially thumbnails, ...) does take reasonable tome on your low CPU-powered TS-420 - query time should not massively differ.
Rubenhak
Starting out

Post by Rubenhak »

Just wanted to check if you managed to get the Ampache running on the QNAP? I'm also interested in this. The stock iTunes Server is a discontinued and broken product. Looking for some alternative. Thanks!
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

use a VM (CAT2 devices) and create whatever environment you want
Rubenhak
Starting out

Post by Rubenhak »

dolbyman wrote:use a VM (CAT2 devices) and create whatever environment you want
True, but the VM comes with a much bigger cost of resources.

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”