Forbidden Access After Updating Drupal

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
MrHamo
Starting out

Forbidden Access After Updating Drupal

Post by MrHamo »

Completely NOOB here and fear Ive obviously made a colossal mistake.

After many hours trying to get WordPress to work I gave up in preference for Drupal.

phpMyAdmin installed Ok and I successfully created a database.

Drupal installed OK and I had a web page ready to create. Drupal indicated that there was a minor update that needed to be manualy installed. I extracted the files, deleted everything but the sites directory from the server, and then pasted the new files to the Dural directory.

Now, when I attempt to open Dural or phpMyAdmin I recieve a 'access is forbidden' message.

Ive removed the apps and reinstalled phpMyAdmin, and re-booted - none of which has made a difference.

Is there an index file that Ive upset somewhere?

As for permissions and shares - I couldnt grant anything more access if I tried - i.e. admin and everyone groups are RW, user admin has RW, even the Web share has guest enabled with full access.

Should I reset the 419P+ with the 3 second reset (clearly Im clutching at straws..............)

Any help would be appreciated.
MrHamo
Starting out

Forbidden Access to Apache even after NAS Advanced Reset

Post by MrHamo »

Hi all - still searching for an answer. Since my last post I have attempted a basic and advanced reset of my 419P+ and still cannot access my web server.

Im at a loss - any clues would be much appreciated.

Could it be associated with something on my router perhaps?

Given the reset, Im guessing something is either cached or that Im faced with having to re-image my NAS?
Last edited by MrHamo on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrHamo
Starting out

Re: Resetting the WEB server hasnt helped!

Post by MrHamo »

For anyone that takes the time to read this – ive discovered you can reset the web server on the QNAP to default, including the php.ini file. None of this has had an affect either.

Still in need of help.............
MrHamo
Starting out

Solved!

Post by MrHamo »

Turns out there was a hidden file '.htaccess'. Ive no idea what it is - clearly related to Drupal - anyway, I deleted it and now Im back up and running.

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”