oneDrive sync

Ask community developers’ help for your most wanted Apps and also discover what the hottest and ultimate Apps are.
droo
New here

oneDrive sync

Post by droo »

Chaps,

Be great if you could sync qnap content to oneDrive, this is possible on linux so I'm sure some cleaver sod could port it :)

Droo
pethson
Starting out

Re: oneDrive sync

Post by pethson »

+1
JWR
New here

Post by JWR »

Makkutz
First post

Post by Makkutz »

+1

as Microsoft offers unlimited cloud space for O365 users there will be a lot more requests in the future...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2838450/ ... orage.html

:)
harry66
Getting the hang of things

Post by harry66 »

+1 please
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Post by Toxic17 »

nielsen72 wrote:Come on QNAP, you can not continue to ignore these requests.
They can and will. When are you all going to learn, this is a community based forum. Not a tech support forum.

If you want to have QNAP listen, submit a ticket with them.
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

Toxic17 wrote:They can and will. When are you all going to learn, this is a community based forum. Not a tech support forum.

I think you sould learn to read before you answer, this is "Apps Wanted" discussion...
You missed Simon's point. Whether this is the "Apps Wanted" subForum or not is irrelevant. You seem to be addressing "QNAP" here, which is pointless. They don't participate in this Forum system very often.

If you want to reach QNAP, you need to do so by submitting a ticket. If the numerous pre-existing Cloud Storage solutions are not meeting your needs, perhaps you could submit a formal "Feature Request" with them.

If you want to someone from the QNAP NAS Community to write a QPKG for you, then you need to explain what oneDrive provides that all the other numerous pre-existing solutions do not. I note that OneDrive seems to be a Microsoft Product, and as such QNAP would require licencing in order to provide it for your QNAP NAS. I'm sure QNAP will be happy to provide this functionality for you as soon as Microsoft provides GPL licenced source code for it. (I sincerely doubt Microsoft will ever release this Source code (under GPL or otherwise), so I would guess that you are permanently out of luck).

You are basically asking for the impossible. There are precious few Linux applications provided by Microsoft. Skype is about the only one I can think of. Please let us know when Microsoft makes the Source Code for "OneDrive" available under GPL licencing, as this is all that would be required to make this possible.

Personally I'd prefer that QNAP invested it's finite programming resources on actual Network Attached Storage features rather than adding yet another Cloud Storage feature, but I'm sure I'm in the minority within this thread.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
med44
Starting out

Post by med44 »

+1 for me too!!

I'd liked to sync my Onedrive Pro data with my Qnap to save and share localy (on the internal LAN) the data for everyone, even people that don't use Onedrive Pro but that are connected to internal LAN.
mkappa74
Starting out

Post by mkappa74 »

+1
QNAP 219P on GigabitLAN + 2xWester Digital 1TB WD10EADS-00L5B1 01.0 - RAID 1
WYPLAYER Mediaplayer/PVR
Router Netgear DGN3500
bugyou3
Know my way around

Post by bugyou3 »

http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?p=435283#p435283

Get working or bug QNAP directly, nothing gets done here by producing +1 noise.
Qnap Community Forums - No spam and no idiots in charge. Move now!
mkbr1
New here

Post by mkbr1 »

new news?
pdampier
First post

Post by pdampier »

I'm considering buying a QNAP or Synology NAS and OneDrive support (along with Plex and Crashplan) is top of my list given the unlimited storage OneDrive provides. The information is below on OneDrive being a closed solution is simply untrue. OneDrive provides a full API set for developers to do exactly this against. Synology offers OneDrive sync against this API.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... 63258.aspx

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn659752.aspx

pwilson wrote:
Toxic17 wrote:They can and will. When are you all going to learn, this is a community based forum. Not a tech support forum.

I think you sould learn to read before you answer, this is "Apps Wanted" discussion...
You missed Simon's point. Whether this is the "Apps Wanted" subForum or not is irrelevant. You seem to be addressing "QNAP" here, which is pointless. They don't participate in this Forum system very often.

If you want to reach QNAP, you need to do so by submitting a ticket. If the numerous pre-existing Cloud Storage solutions are not meeting your needs, perhaps you could submit a formal "Feature Request" with them.

If you want to someone from the QNAP NAS Community to write a QPKG for you, then you need to explain what oneDrive provides that all the other numerous pre-existing solutions do not. I note that OneDrive seems to be a Microsoft Product, and as such QNAP would require licencing in order to provide it for your QNAP NAS. I'm sure QNAP will be happy to provide this functionality for you as soon as Microsoft provides GPL licenced source code for it. (I sincerely doubt Microsoft will ever release this Source code (under GPL or otherwise), so I would guess that you are permanently out of luck).

You are basically asking for the impossible. There are precious few Linux applications provided by Microsoft. Skype is about the only one I can think of. Please let us know when Microsoft makes the Source Code for "OneDrive" available under GPL licencing, as this is all that would be required to make this possible.

Personally I'd prefer that QNAP invested it's finite programming resources on actual Network Attached Storage features rather than adding yet another Cloud Storage feature, but I'm sure I'm in the minority within this thread.
dpetr00qnp
New here

Post by dpetr00qnp »

+1

Considering Synology for next NAS
aalbert
Starting out

Post by aalbert »

+1
aalbert