USB TV Tuners ? ? ?

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
HC1Gunner
Getting the hang of things

USB TV Tuners ? ? ?

Post by HC1Gunner »

Did some searching in forums, but most if it was either outdated or left me confused. I'm looking to buy USB TV tuner for my QNAP, to get ready for Fall shows which are just around the corner. I know what's available for PC, but I'm not sure about my NAS. I see QNAP offers one, but its DVB-T and the North America is ATSC according to the map from QNAP.

1) I'd like to find a HD digital tuner with USB 2.0 interface and at least dual tuners.
2) Unsure if windows tuner will work, or does it have to be for Linux?
3) Of course needs to have coaxial antenna connection.

I no longer subscribe to satellite or cable, these people are pricing themselves right out of business. More people are doing the same and going with streaming options. Cable companies are starting to loose customers and are now trying to remove the middle-man and charge companies for for streaming. I get all my shows from streaming or the net, but I'd like to be able to watch/record OTA local channels this Fall.
TS-453mini - QTS 4.2.2 (Build 20160901) - RAID 1 on (4) WD Red Pro 4TB (Vol 1 & 2) - Network Single Port
taytos
Starting out

Re: USB TV Tuners ? ? ?

Post by taytos »

Have a look at the compatibility list for all supported USB TV Tuners.

http://www.qnap.com/i/en/product_x_grad ... at=14&hf=0
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

HC1Gunner wrote:Did some searching in forums, but most if it was either outdated or left me confused. I'm looking to buy USB TV tuner for my QNAP, to get ready for Fall shows which are just around the corner. I know what's available for PC, but I'm not sure about my NAS. I see QNAP offers one, but its DVB-T and the North America is ATSC according to the map from QNAP.

1) I'd like to find a HD digital tuner with USB 2.0 interface and at least dual tuners.
2) Unsure if windows tuner will work, or does it have to be for Linux?
3) Of course needs to have coaxial antenna connection.

I no longer subscribe to satellite or cable, these people are pricing themselves right out of business. More people are doing the same and going with streaming options. Cable companies are starting to loose customers and are now trying to remove the middle-man and charge companies for for streaming. I get all my shows from streaming or the net, but I'd like to be able to watch/record OTA local channels this Fall.
QNAP does not support ATSC at all. QNAP TV Station will not work with any ATSC USB Tuner.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Afraid, from what I'm aware the QNAP TV Station does currently support a few DVB-T USB tuners only, no DVB-T2, no DVB-C, no ATSC, no DMB-T/H*.

*For DMB-TH, there is a 3rd party Digital TV Station Extension for DMB-TH.

Return to “Users' Corner”