forum access is not possile using Firefox+Chrome

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
vampyren
Know my way around

forum access is not possile using Firefox+Chrome

Post by vampyren »

Hi,

I have some strange experience when trying to use the forum.
Some pages seem to work in all browsers while others only work in IE (or the new one in Windows 10 called Edge).

As an example this page dont work in either Firefox 44.0.1 or Chrome 48.0.xx2564.109 m
http://forum.qnap.com/viewforum.php?f=73
http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... p&start=15

While this page work on both Firefox and Chrome:
http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 15#p534915

No idea why! I just installed Windows 10 and everything is clean in the system. I installed FF and Chrome with no cache or anything, everything is clean and i tried cleaning cache even and reset atleast FF to default just to be sure.

Any idea why only Edge can open the pages and not the other 2 biggest browsers?
schumaku
Guru

Re: forum access is not possile using Firefox+Chrome

Post by schumaku »

No idea - works (and always worked for years) like a charm here - your links on Chrome and FF:
QNAP Forum Chrome FF.PNG
Win 10 Pro, 1511/10586, Chrome 49.0.2623.47 beta-m (64-bit), FF 44.0.1 (and form other Win 10 systems with Chrome 48, too).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vampyren
Know my way around

Post by vampyren »

Really strange! Even using work pc firefox works but not on home pc. Not even sure what i should change or do.

One thing i noticed is that i did not have java installed. I tried to install it but firefox dont see it (tried to install both 32 + 64 bit of Java). Might be due to the latest Java hate from FF+Chrome :)
Do u have java installed and its working?

Still does not explain why Edge work, maybe it has some level of Java support build into the browser....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Browse NPAPI plugins like Java are dead horses - for the time being, we hve Java 8 Update 73 installed and workable on FF and IE ( which is not using NPAPI). Mozilla will follow the other major browser makers and drop NPAPI this year, too. And Microsoft has not even included it in highly streamlined Edge anymore.

And no, there is no Java called by forum.qnap.com ...
vampyren
Know my way around

Post by vampyren »

Good to know, i also installed Java 8 Update 73 but not sure why really, just wanted to see if it makes any difference.
I'm clueless :(
vampyren
Know my way around

Post by vampyren »

Not sure what happened but i'm not able to access again using Firefox, strange :/

Return to “Users' Corner”