How can I access low level folders on my 453 from File Station or from Windows?

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
henbone11
New here

How can I access low level folders on my 453 from File Station or from Windows?

Post by henbone11 »

I am having some weird issues with Plex and would like to be able to find and delete the plugins folder for it. I can't see the /share/ folder root or /root/ folder either in File Manager. I am a complete Linux noob but know some basic commands. In SSH I can navigate to both folders, but I cannot enter the Plex Media Server folder.

According to the Plex wiki, there are two folders that can be accessed to get to the plugins folder.

Code: Select all

/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/PlexMediaServer/Library/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins
and

/root/Library/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins
But, according to SSH...

[~] # cd /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/PlexMediaServer/Library/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins
-sh: cd: /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/PlexMediaServer/Library/Plex: No such file or directory
[~] # cd /share

and

[/share] # cd /MD0_DATA
-sh: cd: /MD0_DATA: No such file or directory
and

[~/Library] # cd /Plex Media Server
-sh: cd: /Plex: No such file or directory
[~/Library] # ls
Plex Media Server/ tmp/
[~/Library] # cd /Plex Media Server/
-sh: cd: /Plex: No such file or directory

I have poked around the forums and don't see anything that would indicate how I can navigate folders at the root level to manipulate files/folders on the NAS. Can someone please advise me on how to do so? Is there a network file manager to use on Windows? I think the 'rm' command in SSH would allow me to remove a folder if I can actually get to it, not sure though.

I also don't even know if this is the proper subforum for this question, if not I apologize. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

**Edit**

I found that, for me, Plex is installed to: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/PlexMediaServer
schumaku
Guru

Re: How can I access low level folders on my 453 from File Station or from Windows?

Post by schumaku »

Neither form File Station nor from Windows. Unless you want to use ie. WinSCP or the like with sftp and the admin account.

Your NAS does make use of the new storage manager, so have an eye on /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/ instead, resp, /share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/ if t's encrypted.
henbone11
New here

Re: How can I access low level folders on my 453 from File Station or from Windows?

Post by henbone11 »

Thank you very much for the heads up. WinSCP works like a charm to do exactly what I was trying to accomplish. Have a good day.

Return to “Miscellaneous”