470Pro - Some apps don't auto starting up after a reboot

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
mitymowse
Starting out

470Pro - Some apps don't auto starting up after a reboot

Post by mitymowse »

Hi all,
Please excuse if I happened to raise this topic in the wrong area as I have tried to search the forums for others that may have similar issues to myself but I wasn't able to find anything.

I have a TS-470 Pro(v4.1.3) and have upgraded the ram to 16gb(further details can be seen in my signature) in order to run Virtualisation Station. I have only had the unit for approx. 1yr and love it. I have a couple of Windows Server VM running quite nicely along with the following apps installed. All the following apps have been updated to the very latest as of 1wk ago using either the auto update OR the following link(https://www.qnap.com/i/useng/product_x_down/)

- FileStation
- Virtualisation Station
- AFP/SMB/FTP services
- BitTorrent Sync
- Plex Media Center (updated to latest via PlexPass)
- PlexConnect (installed manually and setup to run via autorun)
- Optware IPKG
- iTunes Server

My issue is that every time I restart the unit(for whatever reason) Im finding that the certain services don't startup automatically even after waiting a grace period(10mins)for all the services to startup normally.
- Virtulization Station
- BitTorrent Sync
- Optware IPKG

All other apps startup without a hitch and are able to be used as per normal. What I've been doing is that I open the App Center and then toggle the switch to disable them and then once they show that they are not running I then re-toggle the switch to get them to start. I do this for the 3 listed apps and after I do this they work fine till the next restart.

I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on what might be going on or provide me with some guide me as to what happens after startup. I should point out that Im no stranger to ssh & the shell but Im still a little lost of where things are located etc so any simple pointers/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I have even tried uninstalling them and reinstalling but it hasn't solve the auto startup issue.

Appreciate any help you may be able to offer.

Kind regards,
Craig
NAS: TS-470 Pro w/16GB Ram F/W:4.2.1 Build 20160601 DRIVES:4x3TB WD Reds RAID5
QPKG: Optware IPKG (0.99.163), Transmission(2.84-b24), Plex Media Server(1.0.1.2396), BitTorrent Sync(2.3.8), Malware Remover(2.0.3), Virtualization Station(2.1.5418), Cloud Drive Sync (1.0.449)
N/W Services: iTunes Server, PHP, MySQL
IPKG: bash, nano, unzip
OTHER: PlexConnect
ronnas
Starting out

Re: 470Pro - Some apps don't auto starting up after a reboot

Post by ronnas »

Hi,

did you figure out how to solve this issue? On my NAS the BTSYNCH-Services requires a manual "/etc/init.d/btsync start", too...

I tried an upgrade to the brandnew Qnap-OS 4.2 and updated BTSYNCH to 2.0.125 = no change, same behaviour as before :-(

Cheers,
Ron
roncsak
New here

Post by roncsak »

Same here, different NAS.
Any solution?
mitymowse
Starting out

Post by mitymowse »

After a lot of research etc I ended up finding an article that suggested looking into the startup script I manually setup for starting PlexConnect. I had it starting using a PlexConnect python script which was not starting up correctly which in turn was stopping the remaining services from starting up correctly. Some would start up and other I had to keep stopping and starting to get them to work. I altered the PlexConnect startup command to run a bash command instead of the python command and once I did that then all my apps have since started up correctly. I have done an upgrade since to QTS4.2.1 which is absolutely rock solid and has been running for more than 78 Days without an issue.
NAS: TS-470 Pro w/16GB Ram F/W:4.2.1 Build 20160601 DRIVES:4x3TB WD Reds RAID5
QPKG: Optware IPKG (0.99.163), Transmission(2.84-b24), Plex Media Server(1.0.1.2396), BitTorrent Sync(2.3.8), Malware Remover(2.0.3), Virtualization Station(2.1.5418), Cloud Drive Sync (1.0.449)
N/W Services: iTunes Server, PHP, MySQL
IPKG: bash, nano, unzip
OTHER: PlexConnect

Return to “Miscellaneous”