TS-409 lost configuration after reboot

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
wabbit
New here

TS-409 lost configuration after reboot

Post by wabbit »

I have a TS-409 (2.1.0 Build 0904T firmware) with 2x WD10EACS drives in RAID1. Following a reboot the device has dropped all users as shares from the device and is showing as an unconfigured device. The drives are showing as 'Invalid' in the RAID config page. I don't have any backups of the settings to restore either.

The only thing I can think of that may have caused this was about a week ago I tried to update the firmware and a couple of qpkg pages, which all failed. Other than that the device has been fantastic.

I really hope somebody can give me the present of my 800GB+ of data back for Christmas!
QNAPAlan
QNAP Staff

Re: TS-409 lost configuration after reboot

Post by QNAPAlan »

We need to remotely connect your NAS to check this problem. If you don't know how to setup your NAS to allow us to remotely connect, you can install teamviewer as the following procedure. Then please send me a private message about how to connect and your NAS admin password.

http://wiki.qnap.com/wiki/How_to_use_Te ... problem%3F

You can also contact our online support by skype: qnapskype or msn: q.support@hotmail.com.
The service hours is from 9:30AM to 24:00PM(GMT+8), Monday to Friday.
joverbe
First post

Post by joverbe »

I have exactly the same problem with my TS-209.
Red status light keep blinking, configuration and shares are lost and it seems that all data is disappeared.

Please keep me up-to-date about your solution.
wabbit
New here

Post by wabbit »

Well, thanks to QNAPAlan I have a functioning NAS again.

Turns out the problem was a known bug with the firmware I was running where the system partition was full and could not update firmware or configuration.
QNAPAlan
QNAP Staff

Post by QNAPAlan »

Dear joverbe,
Please also allow us to remotely connect your NAS to check the problem and save your data.
Alan
jimmyt1453
New here

Post by jimmyt1453 »

I have the same problem too, lost all the config and data after reboot.
my device is a TS-409.

is there anyone can help me out? I need those data.
JohnK
First post

Post by JohnK »

I too am having difficulty with hard drives failing on boot up. :shock:

I just purchased a TS-409 Pro and 4 x 1.5 TB Seagate hard drives (same model ST31500341AS as outlined in the press release for compatibility on QNAP.com) http://qnap.com/PressRelease_detail.asp?pr_id=113

In creating a RAID-1 with 4 Seagate 1.5 TB hard drives the QNAP Finder finishes the Quick Setup, but the 409 loses all configuration data after reboot. I’ve tried multiple configurations of hard drives, including single drive (switched 3 different drives as primary to check if there was drive failures) I have spent a couple days trying different combinations of drive initialization types (standalone and RAID-1)

After 2 days of using only 1.5 TB drives, I borrowed an 80 GB Seagate (ST380815AS) and replaced drive 1. The system works with this configuration, but now it still loses on reboot the RAID-1 built using drives 2,3,4… even when configured via web interface.

This is a brand new out of the box QNAP and Seagate hard drives. I have no critical data on the unit. This will become the backup location for several servers and workstations at our office, stability will be needed in the long term, but it’s a free for all in testing right now

QNAP Finder version: 3.3.2 build 1017
QNAP Firmware Image: TS-409_2.1.2_Build_20081112.img
Hard Drive Model: ST31500341AS
Hard Drive Firmware: CC1J
S.M.A.R.T reports all drives as good condition

Although the 80 gig drive does boot as expected, I need to find a way to use the 4x 1.5 TB drives with this system. I’m not sure the next step in this as everything is listed as compatible by QNAP. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

JohnK
jujule
Starting out

Post by jujule »

for me, CC1H firmware is ok, but CC1J doesnt even appear is the disc config tool....
sSs
New here

Post by sSs »

Dear All

I've got the same problem as stated above in the first message (after reboot config was lost, device acts as it has never been configured). Fortunately I have got a backup of my config from last week available, but am not able to back it up via the web-interface > inconclusive "page cannot be displayed" error message appears.

Since I can't configure the qnap any further for web-access, I just installed the TeamViewer for the QNAP Support assistance - an assistance which will be greatly appreciated! Hopefully the configuration can be restored without any dataloss?

My device informations were sent via the Skype-contact, since the online-support-form shows a
Internal Server Error - Read
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Reference #3.5447b5c.1244391922.4c2beef
Since we have vital business files on the device, a fast resolution would be nice. Message was also sent via your Skype-contact.

Best Regards from Vienna,
Stefan

>> being helped and cared for by the qnap support via skype and teamviewer. in the name of my collagues and myself: thank you very much.
parent55
New here

Post by parent55 »

Dear All

I have a TS-409 Pro OS version 2.1.0 (0624T) with 4 1 GB drives in RAID 5 configuration and I have the same problem. QNAP Finder says "The Server xxx is not configured yet, do you want to set it up now?" I have Teamviewer available and need support help to recover the lost configuration and the important data contained on the QNAP NAS

Thanks
petur

Post by petur »

To all people that see this thread and feel the need to post a me-too:

Please read what QNAP support wrote: Contact them directly so that they can help you with your specific issue. Nobody in the forum can help you with this, you need QNAP support.
Praat je liever over QNAP in het Nederlands?
Liever een community bij jou in de buurt?

Kom naar QNAPclub België/Nederland
prill
New here

Post by prill »

Same problem with my 409u. Havent this problem been solved yet? Any good answers how to fix the problem?
jujule
Starting out

Post by jujule »

Provide your HDD brand, models and firmware.
prill
New here

Post by prill »

4 x HDT721010SLA360 (Hitachi)), raid5, fw 3.1.0(0708T)
carlosyogya
First post

Post by carlosyogya »

I also have had several times the same issue as described in this post. When the system restarts ( sometimes due t a power failure), the qnap isn't reachable again through its networks shares and not even through its web interface or qnap configuration tool... I have managed several times to recover the data ( with a settings backup as far as I remember) but this is a mess because it is used for business purpose and we lost many times and IT wages...
May QNAPALAN help me to recover this this time? I am afraid of being forced to rebuild the disks as other times happened...
And is there any firmware upgrade to avoid this harrassing trouble? ( I bought qnap for its reliability compared to windows server, but until the date I have had many problems, mainly due to this reason).

Please; QNAPALAN, HELP!

BTW, I have Teamviewer already installed, so whenever you can we can try to manage it...

Thanks!

Return to “Miscellaneous”