Can I use usual Qnap product as a NVR?

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
Lonli-Lokli
New here

Can I use usual Qnap product as a NVR?

Post by Lonli-Lokli »

I do not know what product is better for survivalince.

As I see there are NVRs and usual Qpap like Ts-212. What is the difference between them? If I will need about 8 cameras (both inside and outside home) with possibility to mark some actions as danger?
schumaku
Guru

Re: Can I use usual Qnap product as a NVR?

Post by schumaku »

For pure surveillance, a QNAP NVR product might be sufficient.

For mixed applications, storage (ie. backup, replication, ...) and surveillance, a QNAP NAS is the way to go.

Key factors - beyond the number of recording channels - are recording resolution, frame rates, video format, recording quality, and last but not least time to hold all recordings.

NAS QVR Calculator
NVR QVR Calculator

Of course - for NAS this does not include the NAS usage - which requires more capacity. The feature set and the camera support of the NAS QVR (Surveillance Station) and NVR is almost in sync.

Note: The license for QVR is different for NAS vs. NVR systems - different number of channel recording licenses included with the box, NAS permits add-on of single channel licenses, NVR add-on licenses come in packs of four.

Return to “Miscellaneous”