Max. file transfer over internet

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
Jagcoxa
Starting out

Re: Max. file transfer over internet

Post by Jagcoxa »

no change
both cables showing the same result

by the way, my real speed is, from a laptop with an startech USB 3.0 1Gb eth. is:

So my TS-220 seems to be silently a poor device, adorned with some apps

however, time for a real server
Jagcoxa
Starting out

Post by Jagcoxa »

server got ordered
no more cheap soho hardware for me anymore

goodbye qnap
will use your ts-220 as backup station

A remarkble expensive model with less capacities
forkless
Experience counts

Post by forkless »

Good on you, I just hope you won't be disappointed. Many people do not seem to understand that many of these speed tests (and Windows 8.x) are multi-threaded down/uploads that give completely different results than a single threaded wget. You are really comparing apples to oranges here.

If you would use Aria2 you could at least get a more objective comparison as that command line downloader is capable of handling multiple download threads of the same file.
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

Let's not forget that I'm sure the laptop had a much faster processor and more memory than the TS-220. Apples and oranges, indeed.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +

Return to “Miscellaneous”