Access via Internet myQNAPcloud

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
cosmicp
Starting out

Re: Giving away your data to QNAP & its parties

Post by cosmicp »

An update on the confusing statements in QNAP's T&C. I emailed to a bunch of Qnap addresses I found and received this reply:

"...the only information myQNAPcloud service will need to know from the NAS are the IP address as well as the services you choose to publish.

Secondly, as described in the terms and conditions, "the upload or otherwise submit content" mainly indicates avatar, preferences, and basic personal information, such as name, birthday, gender...etc. All the above information are optional and can be modified by user at anytime by logging to https://www.myqnapcloud.com/. Thus, please kindly understand that myQNAPcloud service does not access nor modify any user's personal data on his/her NAS, and we are sorry for any confusions or inconveniences it causes.

Lastly, in order to avoid any misunderstandings, we will modify the terms and conditions accordingly. Thank you again for your opinions and please feel free to contact us if you have any other suggestions.

...myQNAPcloud service is solely a remote access service/portal, and it doesn't involve in any of your personal data/files stored in the NAS."

So all should be in order. I figured it *must* be, but in this freaky world I can no longer take very much for granted.
sethbw3
First post

Re: Access via Internet myQNAPcloud

Post by sethbw3 »

Hello,

I am having a similar issue with my TS-251 where I can not access my XXXXX.myqnapcloud.com. I am able to access directly via the app or the website but not using the url.If I use my router's defauly UPnP settings the mycloud overview dashboard shows that the status is "good or checked green" but the web connectivity is not (red X).

I have tried turning off the UPnP on the router and mapping the ports as described in this post [see attachment 1] but without success.
Attachment 1.png
I have also opened up the NAT Filtering on the router [see attachment 2].
Attachment 2.png
I have a Netgear WNDR3700 router and my ISP is TWC. I have tried connecting via an iphone, PC laptop and Macbook.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I have not been able to get this one figured out.

Thanks!
-Seth
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”